So who is living the rock 'n roll dream and actually playing out with a full stack?

bikehorn

• Members

I've only seen locally here a full-stack band once.

It was in a small little bar and these bands had them on casters, and ghetto'd them on stage. (They put them down on their side, due to the wheels, instead of removing them, so you had two sideways 4x12 ontop of each others, marshall 1960's) then pluged in their marshall heads...and proceeded to remove 1/2 the patrons at the bar, and the ones that stayed moved as far back as possible towards the bar.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i don't play out, but if i had the chance to, i have a full stack!(silver jubilee 4X12 cab is going to replace the 800 slant SOON!)

JaysFullStack.jpg

i agree it is B A D A S S!!!

i have to put wheels on the cab on top. it isn't very stable sitting on the bottom cab. the last thing i need is for it to fall over.:cry:

• Members

For my bands next two month worth of shows Im running two halfstacks...

Normally I just run one head and one cab, but we are going to be opening for a national and get to play some larger stages..

Soldano slo60 custom head with a mesa 4x12, and a marshall dsl100 with a marshall 4x12.

Radial bigshot to bridge em, running them dirty the whole time...With three les pauls..

I dont give a {censored} if the new mentallity is smaller is better.

Nothing sounds like two heads in stereo through 8 twelves...

• Members

I bet 98% of stacks are used in practice places. How many clubs are big enough to use a stack in? They are great to look at, great for your image, but who wants to haul hundreds of pounds of gear, only to turn it up to 1.25? My 1x12 Boogie is louder than bombs.

• Members

twin + ac30 in stereo = far more awesome than any sort of marshall stack.

though the weight is probably the same.

whatever, i'm probably just an effects forum nerd to you guys anyhow.

That's okay, I like those amps too. Personally, long before I had a full stack I would take an AC30 plus Marshall Bluesbreaker. Or Hiwatt SA212. Or...a Twin. Maybe you could run all four of those things at once.

:love::eek::love:

Archived