So who is living the rock 'n roll dream and actually playing out with a full stack?

bikehorn

• Members

you know, two 4x12s. For me a single 12" speaker is plenty, but hell if I could easily transport it, i.e. roadies or a massive van and massive arms to carry all my crap with, I sure as hell would use a full stack. It's just so badass. So really, who is rocking out onstage with a full stack? Post pics!

park.jpg

Vintage Park 100 watt stack. This one is owned by Jacques of Jacques Stompboxes.

HiwattStack2.JPG

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I use a half stack which is way to much. I'm thinking about just getting a combo.

I auditioned for a band once, and when I got there, the other guitarist was using two half stacks. One for clean, and one for dirty. I asked if he takes them both to gigs. "Hell yes, gotta make sure everyone hears the thunder!" was the reply. I don't even think I had even sat my amp down yet. I turned and walked away as fast as I could. I saw them a couple months playing some free concert thing. Yep, he uses them both............and mics them.

-Kevin

• Members

One of these days I'ma get a second Hiwatt cab and run a full stack just like the on in the pic... when I get roadies and a stage that can handle th... well... there aren't many stages that can handle that, but who gives an f right? it's teh roxorz!

too true.

• Members

At our practice space we have:

Marshall JMP with 2 Krank 4x12 cabs

Marshall JCM800 with 2 Krank cabs

Framus Cobra with 2 Marshall cabs

Peavey 5150II with 2 peavey cabs

Ampeg SVT with 8x10 bass cab

Also we have these heads:

2 Krank Revolution heads

Randall RG100ES

Ampeg VH140C

We usually only play with halfstacks live. The fullstacks are great for practice and our jam room looks like the Guitar Center amp room but they just are not needed when we play live.

Archived