Holy crap I know who guitarzan was...

JBecker

• Members
You missed some doozies on here. Fab, Carl, Vince Sansevere...

I was just too intimidated to go to the amp section.

and the guitar forums are filled with tacky-dragon on silk shirt- old peoples.

and the effects forum has a bunch of people obsessed with everything boutique.

and I just wanted t3h brewtalz. :(

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fab was this nutjob from Canada that decided overnight that he wanted to be an amp builder some years ago here on HC. He would make these extremely dangerous (due to {censored} wiring) amps out of {censored} he would find on trash heaps. A few people here bought them for next to nothing.

Beyond that he had chasis that were made from scrap metal/street signs that he bent, poor grounds, etc.

That wasn't all! He came in here like he was an expert advertising that he would make you a class A, hand wired amp for $150 that would completely mimic and even beat any amp you desired. He literally offered every amp company has an option for preamp voicing, etc etc. The whole thing was hysterical and absurd. He tried to pass off tech knowledge that was utterly false and sometimes dangerous, called out other amp makers with a tremendous attitude and demonstrated a clear lack of understanding of both amp construction and the basics of business practices and ethics, etc etc.

He somehow "smooth-talked" (the guy was a notoriously bad communicator but wrote that off as his "poor typing skills") his way back on the forum with some restrictions (a moment of true administrative stupidity) and stuck around relatively without incident for 6-8weeks and then went {censored}ing nuts again.

He proceeded to come back to HC many time under alts and at the time of his last banning, was actively pursuing a position as amp forum moderator with the admins. Apparently, the list of his alternates, many of which were not used at all or frequently is quite long.

He used to sign on pretending to be his son, cousin, customers, etc to support his ass because not one person on the forum did anything but burn his lying, cheating, ridiculous ass on the stake.

• Members
I missed those too
:(

Theres a carl story every once in a while at rig talk, but I never really learned the full story

Do a search in the amp forum for carlygtr56. There have been some incredible flame wars with Carl. If you're new to the legend that is Carl, you won't believe what you'll read.

• Members

The guy named Mr. Munster is actually Carl posting under one of his many monikers (until he eventually got banned again).

Is it sad that a search for the word "cockbag" turns up Carl? I mean, I know why you used cockbag (specific word, find thread, blah blah), but still.

• Members

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1275406&highlight=cockbag

The guy named Mr. Munster is actually Carl posting under one of his many monikers (until he eventually got banned again). The fun starts at about page 7 of the thread.

Nice :lol:

ROFLMAO I just read BrendanOs post, I had no idea you searched "cockbag" :lol::lol::lol:

• Members

I knew something was whack when he hijacked the "wives and girlfriends" thread (that he resurrected, btw) by posting a bunch of completely random girly pics. When someone would call him on it, He claimed that the thread was now somehow supposed to represent responsible posting or something, just because he said so.

What the hell???

Then every night, he'd sign off with some nonsense telling everyone to "behave" or something similarly condescending.

What the hell???

Ironic that he got banned soon after. But reading a little more backstory puts it all into context.

But hey, he made it into my Limerick collection: :D

There once was a member named 'zan

Who's randomness earned him no fans

His retarded polls

Had soon become trolls

that bought him his permanent ban

• Members
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1275406&highlight=cockbag

The guy named Mr. Munster is actually Carl posting under one of his many monikers (until he eventually got banned again). The fun starts at about page 7 of the thread.

LOL, did you find this thread by searching for the word "COCKBAG"? Because it shows up in red in the thread. That's {censored}ing funny. I lurked for a while before joining; I was able to put enough together to get the story on this wonderbread. :lol:

Archived