Suhr vs. Tom Anderson: THE ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN!

InFlames235

• Members

Okay, well i've heard a lot about both companies and a lot of people i've spoken with prefer tom anderson over suhr but I wanted to look at the full scale of how many people prefer suhr to tom anderson or vise versa. I spoke with a rep from tom anderson and he was one of the coolest salesmen ive ever spoken to. He made a spec sheet with the perfect guitar for me if I ever decided to order a tom anderson and he was an all around funny, informative, and helpful guy. I've never dealt with Suhr but i've also heard good things about their customer service. Anyways, my over-all question is: which guitar company is better? Lets finally see once and for all in this thread!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They're too pretty. Strats need to be dirty, beaten, and funky for the mojo.

The two guitar makers you note are very awesome and the instruments are amazing, but sadly they end up in the same place that most 911 turbos end up. . . in the hands of bald middle-age men who keep them far to clean to be useful.

-W

• Members

The two guitar makers you note are very awesome and the instruments are amazing, but sadly they end up in the same place that most 911 turbos end up. . . in the hands of bald middle-age men who keep them far to clean to be useful.

-W

Werd. That said Id take a Suhr over an Anderson.

• Members

Jesus Guitars teabags Suhr?
:lol:

I honestly think Suhr makes a superior instrument.

How many of you have actually played both?
:cop:

I have, maybe 3-4 of each and I perfer the necks on the Andersons and you can score them cheaper as well in the used market.

SteveVHT's is stupid sick but the sucker was over $4000 plus Anderson is one of the founding fathers of superstrats so recognize :mad::cop::lol:

• Members

I have, maybe 3-4 of each and I perfer the necks on the Andersons and you can score them cheaper as well in the used market.

SteveVHT's is stupid sick but the sucker was over $4000 plus
:mad::cop::lol:

I hate the way Anderson feels. A Suhr on the other hand feels exactly like a Strat should IMO.

Anderson is one of the founding fathers of superstrats so recognize

And Suhr's not? He's been making Super Strats for world reknown players for how long now? :cop:

• Members

-W

Not mine. Gig with the fucker, its got a few minor battle wonds, etc...but I'll be damned if it doesnt sound better now than when it was mint.

Friends ask me why I take it out to gigs and I'm like :rolleyes:

• Members

I hate the way Anderson feels. A Suhr on the other hand feels exactly like a Strat should IMO.

And Suhr's not? He's been making Super Strats for world reknown players for how long now?
:cop:

Better check the history son and who mentored who back in the early 80s :cop:

I like the Reb Beech profile neck, that sucker feels good but the price is :cry:

• Members

I am researching now......I believe that Suhr worked with Anderson back in the Pensa days
:confused:

Yeah, theres a relationship there. Posiibly something to do with when Tom was still with Schecter? I know he used to make necks and bodies for Pensa but dont know the details of how he and John came together. Supposedly they are still very close.

And it all started at Rudy's....

Archived