Warehouse Speakers Blue Alnicos

PC Biz

• Members
Yeah, they're the same price as an eminence copies.

I'd be interested to try them, but hell - $160 for one speaker? I think I'll let someone else be the initial guinea pig.

I just ordered a pair of the CL80 clones to try 'em out - I've got V30's in my 2x12, and if I can get rid of the silly mid spike, I'd be a happy camper. :thu:

• Members

I hate how every company thinks they can charge whatever they want for some speakers, just because of it's reputation...

Seriously that's bull{censored}! A speaker is a speaker, it can't cost 2-3x the money to build, so why does it have to cost US 2-3x the money??

• Members

I hate how every company thinks they can charge whatever they want for some speakers, just because of it's reputation...

Seriously that's bull{censored}! A speaker is a speaker, it can't cost 2-3x the money to build, so why does it have to cost US 2-3x the money??

Why wouldn't it cost more to make this speaker than the other more standard ones? The others all use kind of standard construction and this is very different. I don't know how much an alinco magnet costs so i can't say. Not to mention the r&d that goes into something like this, it is still over $100 less then a celestion fwiw.

• Members
I'd be interested to try them, but hell - $160 for one speaker? I think I'll let someone else be the initial guinea pig.

I just ordered a pair of the CL80 clones to try 'em out - I've got V30's in my 2x12, and if I can get rid of the silly mid spike, I'd be a happy camper.
:thu:

No kidding......I'm sure they're good speakers, but for that price I'll find something else.

Aww....dang, I just took a pair of CL80s out of my Avatar cab for the Green Berets I just installed yesterday. I would have sold them to you!

The CL80s are good speakers too though...I like them more then I did the Celestion V30s that came stock in my Vendetta....but I didn't take out the CL80s because I didn't like them. I just ran out of speaker cabs to replace with warehouse speakers.:rolleyes::lol:

• Members
No kidding......I'm sure they're good speakers, but for that price I'll find something else.

Aww....dang, I just took a pair of CL80s out of my Avatar cab for the Green Berets I just installed yesterday. I would have sold them to you!

The CL80s are good speakers too though...I like them more then I did the Celestion V30s that came stock in my Vendetta....but I didn't take out the CL80s because I didn't like them. I just ran out of speaker cabs to replace with warehouse speakers.
:rolleyes::lol:

:cry:

I've been using my 2x12 with my Line6 Duoverb for my Foo Fighters Tribute band practice (I'm debating using my tax return to buy a Tremoverb for that), and the V30 mid-spike is just a hair much. I'm going to get another Avatar cab and load it with the Greenies for my 18 watters.

• Members
:cry:
I've been using my 2x12 with my Line6 Duoverb for my Foo Fighters Tribute band practice (I'm debating using my tax return to buy a Tremoverb for that), and the V30 mid-spike is just a hair much. I'm going to get another Avatar cab and load it with the Greenies for my 18 watters.

damn you! I was looking at a Tremoverb too.:lol: Stop copying me.:cop:

I will say that the green berets sounded simply amazing with my Traynor YGL-3a Mark III....basically a marshall. I'd get the avatar w/greens before I'd get the Mesa.:love:

• Members
Why wouldn't it cost more to make this speaker than the other more standard ones? The others all use kind of standard construction and this is very different. I don't know how much an alinco magnet costs so i can't say. Not to mention the r&d that goes into something like this, it is still over $100 less then a celestion fwiw.

The difference between the price of alnico magnets and ceramic ones isn't that big... And the other speakers sell for 45$ (with probably as much R&D involved for reverse engineering the parts and windings)

I wouldn't mind them being something like 100$ if they really do cost more to build (which is probably not by much anyways...) but 4x the freaking price is ridiculous :mad:

Probably costs them 15$ to build instead of 10$.....

• Members
damn you! I was looking at a Tremoverb too.
:lol:
Stop copying me.
:cop:

I will say that the green berets sounded simply amazing with my Traynor YGL-3a Mark III....basically a marshall. I'd get the avatar w/greens before I'd get the Mesa.
:love:

Well the Av is going to be cheap. I'm either going to do that or get Rhyme cabinets (used to be Reason amps) to build me a Marshall Bluesbreaker style 2x12 and load it with WGS Greenies. :love:

• Members
You realize the V30s and other speakers have alnico magnets? And they sell for 45$ (with probably as much R&D involved for reverse engineering the parts and windings)

I wouldn't mind them being something like 100$ if they really do cost more to build (which is probably not by much anyways...) but 4x the freaking price is ridiculous
:mad:

You = misinformed.

V30's, G12T-75s, Greenbacks, etc, all have Ceramic magnets. Cheaper to manufacture in the size that is needed on a speaker, hence the lower cost.

If you're going to rant, at least be well informed enough to not look like a moron.

• Members
You realize the V30s and other speakers have alnico magnets? And they sell for 45$ (with probably as much R&D involved for reverse engineering the parts and windings)

I wouldn't mind them being something like 100$ if they really do cost more to build (which is probably not by much anyways...) but 4x the freaking price is ridiculous
:mad:

Ummm..... V-30's (and about everything else celestion makes except for the blue and gold) are ceramic. Alnico magnets are much more expensive than ceramic. Ceramic magnets are pretty cheap. You should be bitching about the cost of those if anything.

• Members

Apparently alnico magnet material is a lot more expensive than ceramic material. It's not just the labor cost of building, it's the material costs. Not saying the speaker mfgs aren't making a healthy profit, but there IS a big difference in the cost of the magnets.

Edit: wow, I see i got beat by like 10 people. That's what I get for starting a post and then getting distracted by actual work :mad:

Archived