so i know marshall mgs suck relatively speaking

Leftovercrack

• Members

These are "horrible" cabs. I don't know how Marshall could put thier name on these.
The first night I got my DSL 50, I was out of town and jammed with some old friends. They had an MG 4x12 so I used it. The Bottom end kept farting out the worst of any cab I have played. Highs were very harsh, only the mids were good.
Get a used Peavy, or Ampeg for $200, or save and get a Real Marshall used for $300-$400

• Members

sometime i need to post a clip of a recording from a small show i played in my garage when i was 17....i was playing through an MG50RCD combo, and while the performance kinda sucked, the tone is surprisingly good. i bet if i didn't tell people what the amp was, i'd get a few people saying good things about the tone :lol:

• Members

These are "horrible" cabs. I don't know how Marshall could put thier name on these.

The first night I got my DSL 50, I was out of town and jammed with some old friends. They had an MG 4x12 so I used it. The Bottom end kept farting out the worst of any cab I have played. Highs were very harsh, only the mids were good.

Get a used Peavy, or Ampeg for $200, or save and get a Real Marshall used for $300-$400

As if a "real marshall" 1960A was actually a decent cab.....

• Members

Nutshell:

The cab is the worst part of the {censored}ty amp. A good cab with good speakers will make a {censored}ty MG sound somewhat OK.

A great amp through an MG cab will still sound like balls soaked in balogna sauce

Archived