OT: Why are we fighting a ground war?

rememberduane

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
They make me laugh too...mostly because it has some sliver of truth to it. That region of the world has been warring since man has been there.

:cry:

Actually while Europe was {censored}ting its pants in the dark ages, the high caliphate held a relative pax romana over the Middle East. But it did collapse on itself afterwards, like all empires eventually do.

The truth is everywhere has been warring since man has been there. It's just some places war less in different periods of history, and we tend to associate more warfare with the Middle East because of the religious associations with its wars.

• Members

I understand the concept of Ahl Al-Kitaab that is why I do know and have friends that are muslim...But I am also a Christian which puts me in that category... however, there has been extensive war fought between the muslims and the Hindus...as well as Buddhists.

peace, on a grand scale, cannot be achieved as long as people believe that it is their mission to convert to the point of violence... and the Qu'ran says what it says...

and Jews have been greatly pussified over th course of history, their not a faithful people like they once were... and Shellfish are disgusting, theres a reason God said not to eat them:p

Again, the Qu'ran says that but qualifies it. All the Abrahamic traditions can be used to justify violence, but tend not to encourage it. Islam is no different. The difference lies in the culture, politics, and history, not the religion. The religion is the justifier, not the cause.

• Members

And lord know's there's no Scottish people in Florida
:wave:

That's just the picture I get in my head, and the voice I hear when I read your posts.
:D

I'm sure you'd see to it that they got out. Goddamn immigrants. :mad:;)

I think that's really funny. Someone once told me they see a pissed off cat (my avatar) lecturing.

No... I have a rather non-regional American accent, unfortunately.

Oh, and if your band is playing when I'm home again, I'm coming and buying you a drink because I genuinely don't believe that two people can disagree so much in teh real world. But I'll break your guitars if you bring up politics. :mad:

• Members
then why is it deleted ?

ok, the typo thing is pretty funny
:D

Apparently poo, in any form, isn't allowed.

In retrospect I can understand the decision of the high council. I mean, dog poo first, then it just escalates and everything gets messy.

:cop:

Anyways. Carry on gentlemen...I was attempting to kill this thread, but alas, it is too strong for derailment by dog poo.

• Members

In retrospect I can understand the decision of the high council. I mean, dog poo first, then it just escalates and everything gets messy.

Anyways. Carry on gentlemen...I was attempting to kill this thread, but alas, it is too strong for derailment by dog poo.

Well, when that happens, you've just got to say "too close for missiles, switching to guns".

• Members

You know, I know people that have been to Afghanistan, in the non-Pashtun regions, specifically around Bamiyan (site of the famed, now blown to bits, Buddhas). The Hazara people had their towns bombed and razed to the ground by the Taliban and al-Qaida. Many of them live on international aid, from groups such as MSF. But we should just leave Afghanistan to itself, so the Taliban can take power again and bomb the {censored} out of all the other ethnic groups.

They heard of one village where over 150 townsmen were lined up against the wall and shot in cold blood
, and then the town was burned as their women and children ran off into the mountains.

What Tehfyn fails to realize is that there is such a long history of imperialism that even if we leave, what happens is still due to imperialism. Whether we're there or not, it's still our or some other world power's former incursions that have enabled, destabilised, or sowed seeds. Obviously it's not entirely imperialists fault, as that would be exceedingly Eurocentric, but to discount the process of Western imperialism in the past 300 plus years is naive.

It's not a black and white issue,
learn to see the shades of gray.

Wow. That is pretty junior high. "shades of gray". lol

My earlier point: These things are going to happen regardless if our troops are there or not.

Do you have any idea of the geographic size the US troops have to police????

You obviously missed my ironic SEND MORE TROOPS!!!!! Post.

ATROCITIES WILL HAPPEN REGARDLESS> Say if everything splintered and factions started waring tomorrow

What are WE going to do? Blow up both sides???

It just means more troops dead. And it is moot. We are not there to protect that 150 townsmen that were slaughtered. We are there to set up shop in the form of DEMOCRACY.

• Members
Wow. That is pretty junior high. "shades of gray". lol

My earlier point: These things are going to happen regardless if our troops are there or not.

Do you have any idea of the geographic size the US troops have to police????

You obviously missed my ironic SEND MORE TROOPS!!!!! Post.

ATROCITIES WILL HAPPEN REGARDLESS> Say if everything splintered and factions started waring tomorrow

What are WE going to do? Blow up both sides???

It just means more troops dead. And it is moot. We are not there to protect that 150 townsmen that were slaughtered. We are there to set up shop in the form of DEMOCRACY.

You don't seem to be separating the different issues in Afghanistan and Iraq. :confused:

I'm working on getting drunk, and I don't really feel like dealing with your idiot spew anymore, so good night, sheep shagger.

• Members

In retrospect I can understand the decision of the high council. I mean, dog poo first, then it just escalates and everything gets messy..

Next time try a flaming bag of dog poo :idea::poke::thu:

• Members

I'm working on getting drunk, and I don't really feel like dealing with your idiot spew anymore, so good night, sheep shagger.

Ha ha. I was wondering where the South Park style "Shades of grey" came from. Must be an emotional drunk eh?

Run away just like Atari did.:wave:

And the sheep thing again.... there you go repeating yourself again...Over and over and over same routine.:blah::lol:

• Members
Ha ha. I was wondering where the South Park style "Shades of grey" came from. Must be an emotional drunk eh?

Run away just like Atari did.

And the sheep thing again.... there you go repeating yourself again...Over and over and over same routine.
:blah::lol:

No one runs away from you. We get tired of your delusions and idiocy. You bitch at me for why I come on here, but you seem to be posting for no other reason than you have a huge hardon for Jason.

Now {censored} off. :poke:

• Members

No one runs away from you. We get tired of your delusions and idiocy. You bitch at me for why I come on here, but you seem to be posting for no other reason than you have a
huge hardon for Jason.

Now {censored} off.
:poke:

Yep. Let me be you for a moment (repeating everything):

You proved my point at being an emotional drunk.

Gay slurs, telling me to {censored} off etc...tisk tisk. Plus some nice racial stereotyping with the Welsh sheep shagging thing.

You are a really nice guy.

Archived