Do any of you have cats who continously lick inanimate objects?

JoshuaLogan

• Members

My cat is the {censored}ing devil. Actually it's not my cat, it's my moms, and hes territorial about her. Anyways, the thing is a psycho. He'll go nuts whining for me to pet him, so I will and he'll look like he's loving it then all of a sudden go into a murderous rage. You can tell when a cat is playing, but this one seriously goes for blood and chases me through the house. I also can't have guitar stands in my room anymore because he started tearing apart the foam pieces guitars rest on. He's not allowed in my room anymore, he literally tore it apart. Hates me for some reason..

On topic, he'll lick anything. The other day I put a sheet of paper on the floor, and being a cat he HAD to know what it was. So he bolted through the house and just started licking it.

• Members

My cat doesn't start licking random things. He just doesn't stop. He often hangs out either on top of my rack, in which case he'll start cleaning himself, and then start licking my bass PODxt (which sits on top of the rack). Or, if he's next to my laptop, he'll start cleaning himself, and then start licking the laptop case.

So, I guess he has boundary issues, or something?

• Members

My cat is the {censored}ing devil. Actually it's not my cat, it's my moms, and hes territorial about her. Anyways, the thing is a psycho. He'll go nuts whining for me to pet him, so I will and he'll look like he's loving it then all of a sudden go into a murderous rage. You can tell when a cat is playing, but this one seriously goes for blood and chases me through the house. I also can't have guitar stands in my room anymore because he started tearing apart the foam pieces guitars rest on. He's not allowed in my room anymore, he literally tore it apart. Hates me for some reason..

On topic, he'll lick anything. The other day I put a sheet of paper on the floor, and being a cat he HAD to know what it was. So he bolted through the house and just started licking it.

While i feel your pain here, dude its an 8lb cat not a mountain lion, whack it if it comes after you dont run away.

I can say that my cat has done the sudden attack thing, the reason is she hates being petted anywhere but on her head. Pet her back and you've suddenly got a fist full of orange haired demon cat. It could also be trying to play, as cat play seems quite a bit more vicious than playing with a puppy or dog.

• Members

I had a cat who, for whatever reason, would not stop licking me! If I tried to pet him, he'd just sit and lick me for about 20 minutes. Truth! I even have pics to back it up:

willy_lick1.jpg
willy_lick2.jpg

I miss him.

My friend has a cat that does that. If I pet him he just starts licking my hand for no reason. He's a strange one though. He never scratches, only bites. If you're playing with him he'll try to grab your hand and hold it down to bite you. Must have something to do with him being part panther

• Members

I have a cat that kills multiple things a day - then sleeps like a rock for 10hours until the next round:evil:

By the way - it's the guy in my avatar

My cat likes to leave presents on my porch in the form of dead animals. One morning i wake up to a mouse on my porch. After disposing of said dead rodentia, i went back inside for a couple hours. I went back outside and theres another dead mouse and a small bird, disposed of them too. I come out again a few hours later and there is a huge rabbit dead on my porch with my cat sitting beside it with another dead mouse in front of her. While i was standing there she casually grabs the mouse with her claws...............

and bites into its skull:freak: crunching all the way.

She came back a few hours later with nothing but i wouldnt have been suprised to see her dragging a deer back, or you know Bigfoot. And shes a small cat, not big at all.

• Members

My friend has a cat that does that. If I pet him he just starts licking my hand for no reason. He's a strange one though. He never scratches, only bites. If you're playing with him he'll try to grab your hand and hold it down to bite you. Must have something to do with him being part panther

I had someone tell me that this was kind of a mothering instinct, sort of "get back here you must be cleaned". Wheather or not its true i dont know.

• Members

I had someone tell me that this was kind of a mothering instinct, sort of "get back here you must be cleaned". Wheather or not its true i dont know.

I don't think so, it seems more like tasting then cleaning

But I have seen that. I used to have two cats, a male and a female. The male one would sneak up on the female one then hold her down and clean her. At night you could hear her chasing him around the house to get revenge :cop:

• Members

I don't think so, it seems more like tasting then cleaning

But I have seen that. I used to have two cats, a male and a female. The male one would sneak up on the female one then hold her down and clean her. At night you could hear her chasing him around the house to get revenge
:cop:

Ha, ha cute. Maybe its tenderizing your hand so he can eat it?:evil:

• Members

^I have another friend who's cat liked to eat my hair. We were on the couch playing halo and it jumps up on the couch, walks behind me, sits half on the back of the couch with its front paws on my head, and starts chewing. Gave up after like 15 mins, I just let it go until then because I figured removing a pissed off cat from my head would be worse than anything it could do on its own

Archived