Anybody else ever get lucky breaks w/ people charging you the wrong $ for something?

JoshuaLogan

• Members

This ever happen to anybody else?

It's only happened to me twice.

Once about a year or two ago I bought I think 3 pairs of jeans online from somewhere and I guess they messed up somehow and they just never charged me for them...

Then, just today on a music gear-related order I made a few days ago.... I see that I was charged $100 less than what it should have been. I see it there in my pending transactions for today.... should've been $374 but it's $274... I think they must have messed up and not noticed it or something....

Hmmmmmmmmm....

• Members
A guy offered a 2 chan triple rec for $800. I worked him down to $750
:lol:

edit: I guess mine's a little different than yours. My amp seller didn't mess up, I think he's just a little... uh... :poke:

lol yeah. this wasn't used... I ordered something custom and it should have cost me $374 but I'm getting charged $274...... I'm definitely not going to complain :D

• Members

This isn't much, but I ordered food from this new place in town (excellent by the way, still eat there). The guy came and I gave him a 10 and a couple bucks for a tip and he gave me a 20 back in change. At first I thought about keeping it, but actually called him up and gave it back to him.

• Members

This isn't much, but I ordered food from this new place in town (excellent by the way, still eat there). The guy came and I gave him a 10 and a couple bucks for a tip and he gave me a 20 back in change. At first I thought about keeping it, but actually called him up and gave it back to him.

You did the right thing. Plus...karma can be a bitch....like when you think you saved 100 bucks and you actually egt charged an extra 30...lol.

Sorry...KIDDING YA josh!

• Members

You did the right thing. Plus...karma can be a bitch....like when you think you saved 100 bucks and you actually egt charged an extra 30...lol.

Sorry...KIDDING YA josh!

I know, plus I felt bad because it was their first day of business and the delivery guy was like 86 years old.

• Members
I went to Ann and Hope one day and bought a floor jack. The price on the box said $199.99. The girl at the register rang it up as $19.99. I paid her and walked out with it. This was before barcodes
:p

I don't even know what Ann and Hope is, but that's a pretty sweet deal. :lol:

• Members

I went to McDonald's the other day. I had a "two can dine for $7.99" coupon and was going to snag an extra meal for a coworker who'd done me a favor that morning and was craving a Big Mac. So I went up to the till and gave the woman the coupon and asked for two Big Mac meals and instead of ringing them up for a total of $7.99 + tax, she rang up the first meal for like $5.99 + tax and gave me the second for free. True story.

• Members

I was at an outdoor 3 day music festival about 6 or 7 years ago and during the night this dude strolled into our camp with a foam lined brief case full of nice glass pieces. I had some cash and opted to buy a bubbler from him for around $100 or so if I remember right. Well, we were all drunk as hell and stoned to the bone as I also scored the greatest bag of weed of my life that day. Anyway, I got the dude high and he hung around for awhile then left. I woke up the next morning and realized I never payed the guy for the pipe. Which I still have to this day.

• Members

went to modells and picked up 2 pairs of under armor and they didn't charge me for the $70 hockey stick I had in my hands. SWEET deal!!!

You kept it in your hands?

Cashiers power of observation notwithstanding...you stold the hockey stick.

A surprise errant ring up is one thing....that happens, both ways....but you could have said, "here, I want to pay for THIS too!"

Archived