Periphery/Bulb

JoshuaLogan

• Members

Hmmm, well first of all I really don't like that new vocalist guy.... sounds extremely nu-metal to me.... not my thing at all. Big turn off from the music, actually....

BUT I've been listening through his soundclick page to all the instrumental tracks and god damn.... a lot of them are EXTREMELY good... you can pretty much pick one at random and expect it to be awesome. I just randomly picked the track "Not Enough Mana" and it's pretty {censored}ing good. Love this guy's writing.... lots of dynamics in the songs...

www.soundclick.com/bulb

• Members

The new singer kicks ass! I dearly prefer the mix of this kind of sing style and tech metal!

I don't think I heard him singing yet.... what I heard sounded almost exactly like vocals ripped off a slipknot or mudvayne album.... in other words, horrible. really hated it.

the music is very, very good though. I'd rather it all be instrumental. haha.

• Members

Coldemark is amazing, as is most of their other stuff. I also di'int know they had that much going on, musically.

Agreed on not being a fan of their new singer... Soe Sorry Bulb.
:(

Just listened to Coldemark. That's one good too.

Damn, I'm just going to download all of these and load them on my mp3 player.

• Members

I don't think I heard him singing yet.... what I heard sounded almost exactly like vocals ripped off a slipknot or mudvayne album.... in other words, horrible. really hated it.

the music is very, very good though. I'd rather it all be instrumental. haha.

I think you have the new and old singer confused. Go to their myspace page and listen to Icarus and Inertia. Those are the new singer. He actually sings, with some opethish type grunts mixed in. On their soundclick page, most of those are of the old guy, who pretty well sounds exactly like every hardcore singer I've ever heard.

• Members

I don't think so. The song Icarus Lives is on their soundclick and I listened to that there and I believe on the myspace before too..... it sounds exactly like angry kiddie nu-metal stuff like slipknot and mudvayne. I really can't stand those vocals. love the music though, but the vocals make it hard to listen to any of the tracks with them on it heh

• Members

I don't think so. The song Icarus Lives is on their soundclick and I listened to that there and I believe on the myspace before too..... it sounds exactly like angry kiddie nu-metal stuff like slipknot and mudvayne. I really can't stand those vocals. love the music though, but the vocals make it hard to listen to any of the tracks with them on it heh

No Sir

The Icarus lives on their soundclick is the wrong singer. They only have two clips of the new guy thus far. I made the same mistake like two days ago. The new guy is WAY better. It is like a weird vocal mix and mash of Cedric from Mars Volta and Akerfeldt from Opeth.

Listen here:

http://www.myspace.com/periphery

• Members

No Sir

The Icarus lives on their soundclick is the wrong singer. They only have two clips of the new guy thus far. I made the same mistake like two days ago. The new guy is WAY better. It is like a weird vocal mix and mash of Cedric from Mars Volta and Akerfeldt from Opeth.

Listen here:

http://www.myspace.com/periphery

Oh. Hmmm. Word, I'll go check it out.

I see he's got Born of Osiris listed on his top friends. That's awesome that he knows of them and put them up on there. :cool:

• Members

Yeah, this singer is a lot better. I'm still not sure it really fits the music though.... sounds kinda strange, but it's better. The aggressive vocals still sound pretty nu-metal though....

there were no vocals like either of the singers in nu-metal :confused:

• Members

there were no vocals like either of the singers in nu-metal
:confused:

slipknot? mudvayne? the aggressive vocals sound exactly like both of those bands... the heavier (but still really cheesey) nu-metal bands...

the singing the new guy does is different though... and good.... although a little strange.

anyways, enough talk about the vocals. I don't care about the vocals at all. the songs kick ass. :rawk:

• Members

slipknot? mudvayne? the aggressive vocals sound exactly like both of those bands... the heavier (but still really cheesey) nu-metal bands. the singing the new guy does is different though... and good.... although a little strange.

anyways, enough talk about the vocals. I don't care about the vocals at all. the songs kick ass.
:rawk:

He sounds almost like an emo or pop punk singer just not whiney. Kinda like old saosin.

Archived