Periphery/Bulb

JoshuaLogan

• Members

so does anybody have any sort of idea how they get that unnaturally cool tone. It doesn't sound like it came from an amp. But I have no idea how to get that kind of tone from a modeller. His page lists an engl and toneport/pod 2.0 with some expansion packs as what he uses.

And how the heck does he have enough time to make ezdrummer that good? That would take me forever!

• Members

so does anybody have any sort of idea how they get that unnaturally cool tone. It doesn't sound like it came from an amp. But I have no idea how to get that kind of tone from a modeller. His page lists an engl and toneport/pod 2.0 with some expansion packs as what he uses.

And how the heck does he have enough time to make ezdrummer that good? That would take me forever!

He doesn't use ezdrummer. He uses Drmkit From Hell Superior. And the guitar tracks are POD. He's just really good at tweaking and getting the mix to sound good.

• Members

actually, the some newer stuff is an ENGL Powerball and some of the really new stuff is an ENGL Invader. but he mainly uses the POD XT with the 3 expansion packs.

and i for one am a big fan of their old vocalist. say what you want about his vocal style (i thought it fit the music they were making at the time perfectly though) but have you read his lyrics? simply amazing. very thought provoking.

this new guy is good but i dont think theyve fully worked him into the band's sound yet. im sure they will though, Misha and all his musicians are extraordinary.

• Members

i think the whole band just sounds like something youd see on HBB and go WOW that was good and move on. bulb is insanely talented but i think it could go towards something better. tbh, idk what, but something

I think they're still in the early stages here. You could still hear the different shades of their influences kind of clashing together a bit. But give them time. I never pay attention to myspace artists, but I'm pretty confident these dudes could make something of themselves with some polishing and musical maturation.

• Members

He doesn't use ezdrummer. He uses Drmkit From Hell Superior. And the guitar tracks are POD. He's just really good at tweaking and getting the mix to sound good.

yes, but that is nothing but a big bad ezdrummer. Same company and what not. Just more toms and cymbals. It would still be crazy hard to program that.

I can get a pretty cool sounding sound from my toneport, but not that big sounding. It would have to be sextuple tracked perfectly, and his doesn't sound like it is.

Archived