Buzz when using two amps

I was The Funk

• Members

Hey all, got an amp problem.

I am trying to run a dual rig with my guitar synth. The synth output goes to a bass amp and the guitar output goes through my normal rig.

The problem is as soon as you are plugged into both amps, you get a terrible hum. Not enough to be heard over playing bu if you were not playing and using an overdrive pedal it would definitely be annoying. To make the synth rig useful I have to get rid of this hum.

The hum also appears when I run stereo out of my delay pedal into both amps, so its not the synth. I've heard of problems like this when the amps are plugged into different circuits but in this case they are all on the same powerstrip (synth and pedalboard included).

How do I eliminate the buzz?

• Members

the man speaks the truth.. ground loops can be a bitch, unless you lift your ground altogether, which isn't always safe, especially when mics and spit are involved... i've seen a couple guys get a sock in the face from the mighty electrostatic god... ain't purty..

• Members

If thats all it is, then I'll try getting one of those adapters and use it on the synth amp first. If thats not the answer I have a rack space available for a power conditioner.

Generally I only use the synth on maybe half the songs so I can probably avoid injury most of the time by keeping my main amp grounded and using a lift on the synth.

Archived