HD-DVD is dead

blargh

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why do you hate Sony?

With Sony, seemingly everything they do comes down to piracy protection to cover their sorry ass, and they'll have it at any cost, which is usually at the consumer's expense.

Copy protection will always be cracked. It's such a lost cause, it doesn't even begin to make sense. But they take it to a whole new level with their ready and willing attitude of screwing over the very people who buy their products, LITERALLY just to keep someone from copying a CD or movie or two.

• Members

I hate sony. I wasn't lying about the sorry {censored}s not sending me a rebate YEARS ago. What can I say, I'm a vindictive dick, I hate them and will go out of my way to research other competitors sh*t (just to make sure sony isn't making something for the company) just so they don't see a fricken cent of my money!! I wish there was a magazine like Consumer Reports that listed every little gadget sony manufactured so I could avoid them. I havent bought so much as blank CD from them since 1995, I'm like an elephant and don't forget sh*t when I'm done wrong! They lost thousands and thousands of dollars for not honoring a rebate and giving me a few fricken few dollars. Yeah I know they don't care but {censored}'em!!! :mad:

• Members

people bought the 360 for its games...people bought a ps3 for its blue ray...

sony isnt doing to good in its department of games.

i don't want to get into the xbox vs playstation debate.... i own both systems. i don't agree with your comment here, the playstation has some solid games out right now, and a lot more are coming this year. i'm not going to say that i like one system over the other, but in most cases i'll buy games on the ps3 over the 360.

• Members

With Sony, seemingly everything they do comes down to piracy protection to cover their sorry ass, and they'll have it at any cost, which is usually at the consumer's expense.

Copy protection will always be cracked. It's such a lost cause, it doesn't even begin to make sense. But they take it to a whole new level with their ready and willing attitude of screwing over the very people who buy their products, LITERALLY just to keep someone from copying a CD or movie or two.

+1

They'll spend hundreds of millions of dollars just to prevent one person from copying one CD. Those {censored}ers are RELENTLESS.

• Members

This is sad news for the fanboys who want Sony to fail for no real practical reason.

I personally wish the war would have gone longer.. more competition.. more aggressive price drops etc.

I really want the xbox/ps3 to be as strong as possible. This means they will work their asses off to offer better products. But some people just want to win outright.

Remembers me those who play online and must win 100 times in a row to enjoy a game. They play in the same map using the same character/weapon.. They only care about winning !

It's all about getting the best products for our money.. nohting else. Because HDDVD is gone, I'm not sure we will get cheaper blurays with better image quality.

E-

• Members
Blu Ray is a joke as much as HDDVD. Have they even decided on a firm profile yet? HDDVD had that since the start.

Whichever format wins,
WE ALL LOSE
and anyone who doesn't see that is {censored}ed in more ways than one.

Holographic storage is around the corner and is working on 300-500gb PER DISC.

(
http://www.cnet.com.au/desktops/storage/0,239029473,240059342,00.htm
)

Sony is once again being a greedy bitch after Betamax, Minidisc, all that ROOTKIT {censored} (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Sony_BMG_CD_copy_protection_scandal
) not to mention UMDs...

They're forever trying to cram ANOTHER proprietary software medium down our throats so they can line their pockets. Wooo let's support that!!!
:D
:D

I actually agree with you 100%. It's a damm shame when the consumer has limited choice and force fed a a particular product which won the market place because of buyouts and not because of consumer choice or product performance.

• Members

OK for all the people saying 360 has the better games, lets hear what awesome stuff is coming out for your box of pwnage..........go!!!!

(crickets chirping)

Have fun with your gimpbox.

Gears Of War 2................END OF THREAD. Goodnight, thank you for coming!

And all i need to know is that Mass Effect is going to be a Trilogy. PS3 won't get Mass Effect, and it's probably one of my favorite games of all time.

And really, {censored} SONY and {censored} Microsoft. I wish Sega would come back with a console and take back the gaming industry. It should be Nintendo versus Sega forever.

• Members

This is sad news for the fanboys who want Sony to fail for no real practical reason.

I personally wish the war would have gone longer.. more competition.. more aggressive price drops etc.

I really want the xbox/ps3 to be as strong as possible. This means they will work their asses off to offer better products. But some people just want to win outright.

Remembers me those who play online and must win 100 times in a row to enjoy a game. They play in the same map using the same character/weapon.. They only care about winning !

It's all about getting the best products for our money.. nohting else. Because HDDVD is gone, I'm not sure we will get cheaper blurays with better image quality.

E-

+10000. All the more reason for me to say {censored} blue-ray. And even when the 360 gets a Blue-ray add-on, which it will, i still won't buy it. I can live with my DVD's and i look forward to price drops on them as more and more fools waste their money on Blue-ray.

• Members

E-

Because they're evil bastards isn't good enough?? :confused:

• Members

E-

Thing is, with protracted format wars, both the formats and the people buying them lose out, because people don't want to pick a side and not have half the releases available in their format, and then have their player be obsolete in a month. For either HD disc to gain any traction in the market, this format war had to get resolved one way or the other...

If people think HD's a waste of money, that's their call to make, I think its fantastic :love:

• Members

Actually, HD DVD was/is just as good as Blue but with less DVM crap thrown in. What made good was that it was a completed spec. BluRay is still up in the air and early adopters might get hosed when spec 2.0 comes out. HD DVD's storage was also up to 51 gb.

As soon as BluRay players come down in price to a reasonable level I'll go buy one.

Hmmm..

My wife works in production for Paramount, and we were @ dinner w/a friend she worked with @ Universal.

This topic came up-the industry is (of course) just kinda aimlessly floundering along on this, but the smart money is, since entertainment tied to electronics manufacturing,(Uni/G.E., and Para/Viacom-Sony) it's a win either way for them-new formats+profit from Home entertainment product+Hardware (players).

Smart money's on an open source format making Blu-Ray over in 5 years.

Think about it....

• Members

Hmmm...someone resurrected this thread again. I just wanted to chime in that this past weekend I finally spent some SERIOUS time with Bioshock....holy {censored} is that game amazing! Prior to that, Mass Effect was my pick for GOTY, but I may have to bump it for Bioshock....it does everything right, gameplay, the story and atmosphere is unbeliveable. It is a truly twisted game. NOT AVAILABLE for PS3. KTHNXBYE!

• Members
after all......

:cool:

No, my dad is like Cliff Claven and if he said it was better so chances are it is/was better. Supposidly Beta quality overall is better, sound, picture, etc. and it was smaller...I think I had a copy of the Warriors taped on one of those stolen cassettes? :confused:

• Members
I hate sony. I wasn't lying about the sorry {censored}s not sending me a rebate YEARS ago. What can I say, I'm a vindictive dick, I hate them and will go out of my way to research other competitors sh*t (just to make sure sony isn't making something for the company) just so they don't see a fricken cent of my money!! I wish there was a magazine like Consumer Reports that listed every little gadget sony manufactured so I could avoid them. I havent bought so much as blank CD from them since 1995, I'm like an elephant and don't forget sh*t when I'm done wrong! They lost thousands and thousands of dollars for not honoring a rebate and giving me a few fricken few dollars. Yeah I know they don't care but {censored}'em!!!
:mad:

Wow, talk about a whole lot of effort COMPLETELY WASTED on the WRONG COMPANY :lol:

Sony doesn't have anything to do with getting your rebate money to you. Rebate programs are sold off to rebate fulfillment centers, that's who you should have a beef with, not Sony. I suppose you could blame Sony for choosing the rebate company but I think they are all more or less the same in that they apparently try to increase their profits by not making good on some of the claims. It's very common to not get your rebate back, google it.

Rebates suck balls. Period. Sucker bait. I hate them, if they want to sell something for 30 bucks off, they should just take the 30 off at the register rather than making me jump through hoops.

• Members
Wow, talk about a whole lot of effort COMPLETELY WASTED on the WRONG COMPANY
:lol:

Sony doesn't have anything to do with getting your rebate money to you. Rebate programs are sold off to rebate fulfillment centers, that's who you should have a beef with, not Sony. I suppose you could blame Sony for choosing the rebate company but I think they are all more or less the same in that they apparently try to increase their profits by not making good on some of the claims. It's very common to not get your rebate back, google it.

Rebates suck balls. Period. Sucker bait. I hate them, if they want to sell something for 30 bucks off, they should just take the 30 off at the register rather than making me jump through hoops.

It was a long, long time ago, the rebate sent to the Sony Rebate center. I don't know who else to blame?! They should be aware who's representing them, if that's the case and I sent them several replies and they did nothing to remedy it. I know rebates suck but if you buy something and they offer it, you kind of expect it. I'm not one of those idiots that forgets the date or to put the bar codes in them either. I agree, rebates suck, but sony sucks for dealing with a sh*tty company as far as I'm concerned!

Archived