HD-DVD is dead

blargh

• Members

HDDVD is arguably better than BluRay in a lot of areas. When they first dropped it SLAUGHTERED BluRay in terms of picture quality...that has since evened out somewhat after updates SINCE THEY HAVENT EVEN SETTLED ON A FINAL SPEC

No one's using MPEG2 anymore. Blu-Ray is a better format, get over it.

And the video spec IS final, for gods sake

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No one's using MPEG2 anymore. Blu-Ray is a better format, get over it.

And the video spec IS final, for gods sake

sorry sally but both use MPEG-2, H.264, VC-1

BLU RAY was using MPEG-2 when it launched because there were no regulations telling studios they had to use VC-1 to encode.

thanks for comin out though you did your best im sure

• Members
sorry sally but both use MPEG-2, H.264, VC-1

BLU RAY was using MPEG-2 when it launched because there were no regulations telling studios they had to use VC-1 to encode.

thanks for comin out though you did your best im sure

Yes, so what the hell are you babbling about? they use the SAME CODECS.
I've got 3 blu-ray movies right now, and every one uses either H264 or VC1 :idea: Only the earliest releases used MPEG2.
Blu-Ray 2.0 will not make old players obsolete :idea::idea:

• Members
Yes, so what the hell are you babbling about?
they use the SAME CODECS.
I've got 3 blu-ray movies right now, and every one uses either H264 or VC1
:idea:
Only the earliest releases used MPEG2.
Blu-Ray 2.0 will not make old players obsolete

im sorry im readin your posts back to back and i cant stop laughing. carry on. entertain me

• Members
im sorry im readin your posts back to back and i cant stop laughing. carry on. entertain me

unfortunately, unless you've actually got any good points, thats all the entertainment I can give ya... i don't feel like spending my friday night arguing with someone who has some kind of pathological hatred of good mp3 players and superior technology :freak:

• Members
hAhaaaa , I lived 4 and 8 trak , christ , I can only hope you were adopted.....
:cop:

:D

I lived the 8 track thing too. I remember recording songs off the radio to 8 track! A friend of mine would play a fricken Rush 8 track everytime I got a ride with him! :lol: Actually by seeing my dads ways (sickness) I have absolutely no problem whatsoever throwing away sh*t! :mad:
He's like a human rat that just stores useless garbage, anything he can get his hands on!? "Hey I may need that bucket of rusty nails one of these days!?" I guess he lived through the depression or some sh*t?? Maybe having so many siblings turned him into a pack rat?? All I know is that he is Sandford and I'm his son! :confused:

• Members
unfortunately, unless you've actually got any good points, thats all the entertainment I can give ya... i don't feel like spending my friday night arguing with someone who has some kind of pathological hatred of good mp3 players and superior technology
:freak:

aww thats not cool, i'll have to find another way to get my kicks.

For the record, I only hate on BAD mp3 players (i actually like the new touch:))

enjoy your sony format tho, can't help you there. Great track record there tho;)

• Members
I lived the 8 track thing too. I remember recording songs off the radio to 8 track! A friend of mine would play a fricken Rush 8 track everytime I got a ride with him!
:lol:
Actually by seeing my dads ways (sickness) I have absolutely no problem whatsoever throwing away sh*t!
:mad:
He's like a human rat that just stores useless garbage, anything he can get his hands on!? "Hey I may need that bucket of rusty nails one of these days!?" I guess he lived through the depression or some sh*t?? Maybe having so many siblings turned him into a pack rat?? All I know is that he is Sandford and I'm his son!
:confused:

He may need intervention.......LOL...

I had a 4/8 track player at one point:o, listened to a lot of Johnny winter, and Beck,other than that all I remember is a whole lot of hhhiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.......... eck....!

• Members

they have metal gear, final fantasy and gran turismo...oh man..let me tell you..thats gonna turn around the {censored}ing 140 MILLION PS2 USERS. Thats how bad ps3 is...they have 140 million people(at least) playing the old system. X-box 360 is awesome...and x-box live is worth the 50 bucks a year for how amazing it is.

• Members

xbox live is trash.. if i wanted people making fun of me all the time.. i'd create a thread on here about breaking up with my girlfriend. and i don't even have to pay for it.

PS3 is going to catch up. it's currently outselling the 360 every where in the world.

i own all 3 next gen systems. so flame on.

• Members
xbox live is trash.. if i wanted people making fun of me all the time.. i'd create a thread on here about breaking up with my girlfriend. and i don't even have to pay for it.

PS3 is going to catch up. it's currently outselling the 360 every where in the world.

Agreed, X-Box live should be $200+ to keep more of the snot nosed 13 year olds out. PS3 is catching up, and MGS4 isnt even out yet. :idea:

• Members

aww thats not cool, i'll have to find another way to get my kicks.

For the record, I only hate on BAD mp3 players (i actually like the new touch:))

enjoy your sony format tho, can't help you there. Great track record there tho;)

and you're an idiot if you think it's only a sony format. it was created by both sony and pioneer(i think it was pioneer) and is being pushed by many companies - not just sony. LG, samsung, apple, hitachi - the list goes on and on.

• Members
xbox live is trash..

:thu:

PS. Blueray works fine now, & if they do come out with some new codec or whatever; does anyone think they'd leave their earlier systems obsolete? :idea:

• Members

the main point is THEY BOTH SUCK MASSIVE ASSCRUSTS as a new home theatre movie format. They're a pathetic attempt at the industry getting us to rebuy a {censored} ton of movies we already own and to push HDTVs into the market place faster

That's the best part. So consumers are going to go, "Oh, so the cheaper one is going away, but the more expensive one is staying, I guess I'll buy it...

NOT. I'll just use this $100 upconverting DVD player so I can watch all the movies I already own on my HDTV, thank you very much."

This {censored} is retarded. It astounds me that anyone cares to back any of it. HELLO HI I AM PRO-WALLET RAPE. That's all I see when I am reading posts of someone supporting it. :freak:

Archived