Hospitals suck.

MattACaster

• Members

I've been sick since Friday. Well last night my temp shot up from 99 to 102 in about 10 minutes and all of the sudden my hands and feet went numb and I could move them and my chest started hurting. Called 911, went to the hospital and I was there from 10pm to 6am the next morning with no sleep only to be told I have a viral infection and they can't do anything for me. Apparently I just have to fight it. :(

• Members
If they didn't admit you you must not have insurance , or they screwed up

if you do. My wife is a nurse and she just had a 23yr. old admitted with a nose bleed. The doctor wanted him hooked up to a heart monitor. WITH A NOSE BLEED!!!
:freak:

Anyone who goes to the hospital for a nosebleed deserves to be fleeced for every possible nickel.

• Members

That does suck:freak:...have you contacted your regular doctor? No doctor here, but a viral infection that causes your hands and feet to go numb along with chest pain...if that's viral, I'd definitely have someone else give me a second opinion/diagnosis. Have you fallen or cracked your back/neck recently? Get better soon....:thu:

• Members

Unfrotunately hospitals have become something I end up in every 6-12 months due to ongoing health issues/disease... I still hate em, but once you have been thru all the tests and {censored}, you get used to it.. Although I have discharged myself from many a hospital. The problem is insurance usually wont pay if you do that though..

• Members

I have only been admitted to the Hospital once and that was not a bad expierience. But the emergency room is a whole other horror story. Most hospitals now days contract the emergency room services out to a company so that the hospital can't be sued for the actions of the emergency room staff.

• Members

If they didn't admit you you must not have insurance , or they screwed up

if you do. My wife is a nurse and she just had a 23yr. old admitted with a nose bleed. The doctor wanted him hooked up to a heart monitor. WITH A NOSE BLEED!!!
:freak:

I have insurance. The hospital was just busy. All the other hospitals in the are weren't admiting because they were full. I guess Feb is he busiest time for them.

• Members

Christ,..that sucks. I hope U feel better soon.

Drink plenty of water, juices (if you can), rest and take whatever you have to reduce the fever. Most times you just have to wait it out.

Thats me plan. :)

I have my 5-disc DVD changer loaded with movies and I'm just sitting on the couch drinking water.

• Members

I have insurance. The hospital was just busy. All the other hospitals in the are weren't admiting because they were full. I guess Feb is he busiest time for them.

Yep. You guessed it. Everybody shows up with the flu. The flu isn't a big deal

when you are young but when you are elderly it can be very troublesome when combined with other health issues.

In any case, get well soon!

• Members

My sisters got Diabetes, and got this nasty flue. anyways, infections are pretty bad for a diabetic, since their imunde defence ain't so good.

she was so bad that she couldn't move, but the hospital pretty much said there wasn't anything they could do, but day after she got really, really bad. I don't remember what unites they counted on a bloodtest, but a normal person should have 'round 5-10 of them, she had something like 150 or so. (I'll ask what those units were)

anyways, she's fine now tho. had to lay in the hospital for 3 days or so

• Members

too bad - it's true that htey really can't do anything medically for a virus. bacteria can be typed and a drug found to treat. some antibiotics must be given intravenously, which would require a hospital stay ...

i might have played a little differently with my hands and feet being numb. falling to the ground and screaming gets their attention. of course, your hospital might just suck. perhaps they are tired of seeing you ... :rolleyes::poke:

• Members

It's probably RSV, always hits this time of year. For most people it's just a raw throat, light cough and some congestion. Some folks get fever, light headedness, things like that. Different people react in different ways. My son just had it. You think it sucked for you, imagine being 3 months old and trying to fight it :( Poor little guy just got home from the hospital today. All you can really do is keep your fluid intake up, take something for the symptoms and wait it out. It'll run its course.

• Members

Yeah not to discount your story, I hope you feel better, but it also sucks sometimes to work in a hospital and everyone comes in with problems and complains to you all day and most people leave angry because you didn't give them narcs or surgery or antibiotics...sometimes the body is better at healing itself than people or drugs are.

take it easy and catch up on the boxed sets.

• Members

The problem here is everybody who doesn't HAVE insurance, goes to the ER since they can't go to a regular doctor. Its been getting worse over the past few years and won't be getting any better anytime soon.

You did right by going to the ER though. That situation needed to be checked out and shouldn't of been ignored.

Problem is all those other jackasses who go for run of the mill colds when all they need to do is stay in bed.

• Members

The problem here is everybody who doesn't HAVE insurance, goes to the ER since they can't go to a regular doctor. Its been getting worse over the past few years and won't be getting any better anytime soon.

You did right by going to the ER though. That situation needed to be checked out and shouldn't of been ignored.

Problem is all those other jackasses who go for run of the mill colds when all they need to do is stay in bed.

Because I came in on an ambulance, I got priority over the other people. :thu:

Archived