Power Tab, or Guitar Pro?

dr_love6977

• Members

how much does GP cost? do you pay just once, or do you have to pay every year?

I just downloaded the trial version and so far its pretty cool., although i dont know how to do looping and stuff like that yet

Highlight the piece you want to loop and look in the toolbar for the looping function.

:thu:

• Members

Ok, I'm actually going to have to purchase it tho. I had a pirated version a while ago, and they eventually caught me and said if I tried it again they were going to report me for pirating software. But the price seems worth it to me, because if I remember right, the tabs were 100% more accurate than anything on the internet. Also, isn't there a way to export the midi sequences into EZDrummer or BFD so that you already have authored drum tracks?

LOL

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

WTF? "Caught" you? How the hell did they do that? :lol:

• Members

Guitar Pro FTW.

But either of them are good for when you need to learn a song quickly. I know some Guitar Pro (and Power tab) tabs aren't always correct, but someone should be able to figure out it's not right in the first place, if you're familiar with how the song goes. It's amazing how many people play songs incorrect on YouTube. Either they got a bad GP or PT tab or they aren't good at learning by ear.

• Members

PowerTab is quite outdated, as far as I know it hasn't been updated for a long time. So yeah, it doesn't have drums and various other bits 'n' whatnot, and it's a bit clunkier to use I guess.

The thing I tend to like about PT over GP is that the fact that it's a bit harder to work with and not as well known... so you get less people attempting to tab things out with it. The number of {censored}ty {censored}ty {censored}ty GP tabs out there is absurd. I find PT tabbers tend to have more of an idea what they're on about. That's not to say all PT tabs are right of course... but still...

IMO

Archived