I exploded my amp

joseflovesyou

• Members

I switched the channel on my 100 watt head with all the volumes all the way up, on accident and it went POOF kinda sounded like when you unplug suddenly at high volume, then no sound afterwards.

I blew the fuse, so I went and got a new one, thinking this would solve the problem.

nope, still fucked up.

There is no sound at all, accept on channel 3 and for, if i turn everything ALL the way up, then you can hear the guitar all scratchy at a low volume.

What did I break? :(

• Members

I switched the channel on my 100 watt head with all the volumes all the way up, on accident and it went POOF kinda sounded like when you unplug suddenly at high volume, then no sound afterwards.

I blew the fuse, so I went and got a new one, thinking this would solve the problem.

nope, still fucked up.

There is no sound at all, accept on channel 3 and for, if i turn everything ALL the way up, then you can hear the guitar all scratchy at a low volume.

What did I break?
:(

Hooked a Hot Plate up to my 6505+ once and maxxed gain AND volume just to see what I could get out of it...played for about 3 minutes and then poof slowly died over about a 6 second period. Just slowly faded to nothing. Blew the fuse and 2 power tubes. Stupid n00b lesson and $65. Later traded the amp.

• Members

that's a good point you make.

what did you ever decide about this MP-1 i have? there's some dude in argentina who says he might want it:freak:

omg argentina? Sell it to him. I got a deal on a JMP-1. Sorry I didn't let you know yet. I forgotz

sorry.gif

• Members

im sorry, but what the {censored} is the point of having a 10 on the volume knob on an amp when it will destroy the amp if you use it?

Further more, what the {censored} is the point of asking a question on a forum and then not coming back to answer our return questions so that we can help?

• Members

Hooked a Hot Plate up to my 6505+ once and maxxed gain AND volume just to see what I could get out of it...played for about 3 minutes and then poof slowly died over about a 6 second period. Just slowly faded to nothing. Blew the fuse and 2 power tubes. Stupid n00b lesson and $65. Later traded the amp.

Damn if my Mesa blew a tube every time I maxed my masters and switched channels it'd be down most every time I play.

I don't see the point in making an amp that can't operate consistently in the upper region of its operating range. :cop:

• Members

Damn if my Mesa blew a tube every time I maxed my masters and switched channels it'd be down most every time I play.

I don't see the point in making an amp that can't operate consistently in the upper region of its operating range.
:cop:

One of the biggest reasons I traded it. That plus the amp tech I took it to said that was the second one in a month he'd had come in with the same issue.

To TS:

PARTNER---these people are trying to help you....

• Members

Further more, what the {censored} is the point of asking a question on a forum and then not coming back to answer our return questions so that we can help?

Sorry, I had to sleep for about a day.

It is indeed a tube amp. Rocktron Vendetta.

The power tubes are all still glowing normally.

Cant see the preamp tubes

Archived