Got some new headphones today-they suck :[[

nyck

• Members

While Sony may talk about a "flat frequency response", the 7506 is hardly a flat pair of headphones.

Yeah, I find them to have quite an emphasis on the lowend and a little bit grating on the highend.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that's where the HD280's shine - they isolate much better than the MDR7506. Aren't as loud, but are great for isolation.

I'll have to try some out on the next gig. It's easy to for me to use the Sony's as I have 5 pairs here at work.

My real gripe with them is that I have heard distortion through monitors that didn't come across through the Sonys.

• Members
Yeah I noticed your cocky bull{censored} attitude from the start, you are still a nobody to me from the internet, I don't give a crap about the superbowl wtf stfu n00b. Oh and you are also a total {censored}ing idiot:

"Sony MDR-7506 Studio Headphones

The Sony MDR-7506 Stereo are the all new, upgraded version of Sony's famous V6 Studio phones.
Super flat frequency response
, and lightweight rugged construction make for hours of convenient use without your ears getting tired. A staff favorite in the making. Definately a studio workhorse.

Features:

Flat frequency response

Extra rugged construction

Up to three meters of movement allowed via the coiled cable

Light weight, folding feature make for a great space saver

Specifications:

Type: Circum-aural, closed , Drivers: 40 mm dia., dynamic type , Impedance: 63 ohms at 1 kHz , Sensitivity: 106 dB/mW , Rated power: 0.5 , Power handling capacity: 1 w , Frequency response: 10-20,000 Hz , 3 m coiled litz cable with gold plated 1/8, and 1/4 inch plugs.

Weight: Approx. 230 g minus the cable

Comes with carry bag and 1/4 inch adapter plug."

Wow. You are truely an ass and I am finished with you. The unwarranted hostility is useless and gets you nowhere. And no, the Sony's do not have a flat response as in +/- 0db from 20Hz to 20 kHz.

index.php?plugin=ref&page=Acoustics%2FHe

• Members

Ha! Found it.

Frequency graph for the most used studio monitors.

oh my god.. yep-- yer a nerd, and y' got it bad.

well.. just goes to show ya that 'flat' and 'pleasurable listening experience' ain't always the same thing.. i voiced my own speaks, and mine tilt downwards from about 1000hz up at about a db per octave...

i'm so glad i'm not in the industry.. if i hadda sit in front of those things and mix all day... i think i'd pick up a jackhammer and call it even!

• Members

oh my god.. yep-- yer a nerd, and y' got it bad.

well.. just goes to show ya that 'flat' and 'pleasurable listening experience' ain't always the same thing.. i voiced my own speaks, and mine tilt downwards from about 1000hz up at about a db per octave...

i'm so glad i'm not in the industry.. if i hadda sit in front of those things and mix all day... i think i'd pick up a jackhammer and call it even!

The studio we're in at the moment has a pair of 'em. I forgot how little low end they've got, but they sound alright as long as you don't run 'em too loud.

• Members

The studio we're in at the moment has a pair of 'em. I forgot how little low end they've got, but they sound alright as long as you don't run 'em too loud.

That seems to be a common thing. I love the powered Meyer UPA's but they do seem to get a bit harsh in the high mids when pushed hard.

I think the NS10's just have a certain familiar sound to them.

• Members
And no, the Sony's do not have a flat response as in +/- 0db from 20Hz to 20 kHz.

Yeah obviously... :rolleyes:

And the headphones you called "not flat" are considered "very flat" and I'm wrong? I basically just pwned you and all you can do is backpedal? Go try and be a know it all some place else bitch you got served.

• Members
Yeah obviously...
:rolleyes:

And the headphones you called "not flat" are considered "very flat" and I'm wrong? I basically just pwned you and all you can do is backpedal? Go try and be a know it all some place else bitch you got served.

Originally Posted by yourguitarhero
Plus you do come across like a cock in all your posts. You just made the ignore list.

:wave:

Archived