Dragonfire: Best Inexpensive Pickups EVER!!!

TU BE

• Members

So I bought this prewired dual humbucker pickguard for my strat on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Prewired-Strat-P...QQcmdZViewItem

I wasn't expecting much out of these pups for such a low price, but I took my strat to practice yesterday and was blown away by how good these sounded. VERY punchy pickups. Nice and clear. Pinch harmonics just SANG. Killer sustain!!!

I honestly thought I would be changing these things out but there is absolutely no need to. The strat will now be my main axe and these pickups are staying in it.

Dude, you can buy a SET of these things for $29.95!!!
http://www.guitarpartsonline.com/ind...ath=27&&page=1

On that site, they only have the chrome screamers. I'm assuming the ones in this pickguard are just chrome screamers without the covers on them.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by sheepeH View Post
man, 30$ for a set of chromed HB's, thats a no brainer if they really sound that good. I wonder if I should get them and put them in my SG.

Man, for $30, what do you have to lose?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TU BE

View Post

They still sell all the stuff to do a DIY guitar.

I think it's awesome you're playing a koa Strat in a metal band. You'll probably get a lot of looks before shows, but then you'll show 'em what a real guitar sounds like thumb.gif.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by rockapede

View Post

I think it's awesome you're playing a koa Strat in a metal band. You'll probably get a lot of looks before shows, but then you'll show 'em what a real guitar sounds like thumb.gif.

Yeah, it's definitely not your typical metal guitar. That's what I like about it. It has a unique sound, especially going through the Triple Recto.

• Members

I came across those dragonfire pickups the other day on eBay. I have heard good things about them, but ultimately I went with Toneriders instead. They are not as cheap for a set but cheaper. $30 is a great deal if they sound great, I am curious of their EMG knockoff.

TU BE, if you can would you post some clips of the screamers?

Cole

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by colejustesen View Post
I came across those dragonfire pickups the other day on eBay. I have heard good things about them, but ultimately I went with Toneriders instead. They are not as cheap for a set but cheaper. $30 is a great deal if they sound great, I am curious of their EMG knockoff.

TU BE, if you can would you post some clips of the screamers?

Cole
Unfortunately, the only loaded cab I have at the moment is at our practice room. That's why I haven't been able to participate in any jams or post clips for the past couple of months. I have an unloaded 412 I plan to put speakers in soon though. ASAP, I'll get some clips up.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by TU BE View Post
Unfortunately, the only loaded cab I have at the moment is at our practice room. That's why I haven't been able to participate in any jams or post clips for the past couple of months. I have an unloaded 412 I plan to put speakers in soon though. ASAP, I'll get some clips up.
When you do, you should look at those WGS speakers to put in it. The one I have sounds great (Veteran 30) and has a great price.

Cole

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jaytee123

View Post

Ill find out soon, I have two ready for the neck and middle position of my strat style project guitar.

A review would be great. thumb.gif I want to compare those to my Dimarzios. I love Dimarzios but i want to try something new for a change.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by adrianb23 View Post
I wonder how their Strat rails sound.
I had the zebra strat rails. Sounded great.

Not anywhere as hot as a Hot Rails or Fast Track 2. So keep that in mind.

It reminded me the most of a Duncan Lil' Screaming Demon. Just enough bass to be considered modern, the mids are balanced, not really scooped or enhanced. The high end is smooth. I didn't find it shrill, although that particular Fernandes was ballsy.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by adrianb23

View Post

A review would be great. thumb.gif I want to compare those to my Dimarzios. I love Dimarzios but i want to try something new for a change.

I'll keep you posted. It now just a matter of getting my lazy ass to put the guitar together...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by DracoAran View Post
I had the zebra strat rails. Sounded great.

Not anywhere as hot as a Hot Rails or Fast Track 2. So keep that in mind.
Heeeey. How do they compare tonally to the Fast Track 2? I have the "calibrated set" set in my Strat (Fast Track 1 & 2, Chopper).

Archived