Suggest me a New Guitar Cable!!

Guiary

• Members

just get some monsters. garanteed for life, good ends, good insulation. people will come in here telling you all u need is coat hanger, just go ahead and get something that youre only going to ever have to buy once with good quality. about tangling: never had any trouble with mine, but i always unplug after i play so i dont leave it with knots or twists, just loops.

• Members

I've been using and gigging with the same 18' Whirlwind leader for 13 years.

seriously. check them out.

they are the most durable, consistent cables I've ever encountered.

They aren't quite as bright as monster cables. great sound.

What cables do you use for your rack and pedalboard ?

• Members

all the braided/textile covered cables I've had would tangle bad. Of course I walk in circles when I play.

Road Hog regulars work well for me. My George L's cables have held together nicely so far too. And Monster is nice too.

• Members
All the ProCo cables use Belden wire ?

I had a Guitar Center branded ProCo cable come apart inside WOT's '65 JTM45 :eek:

I mean Shea went to unplug the cable from the amp and the freakin' connector stayed in the amp.

When I got home I got on the phone with Zepman and ordered up some Core cables and they're so much higher quality it's not funny.

• Members
I had a Guitar Center branded ProCo cable come apart inside WOT's '65 JTM45
:eek:

I mean Shea went to unplug the cable from the amp and the freakin' connector stayed in the amp.

When I got home I got on the phone with Zepman and ordered up some Core cables and they're so much higher quality it's not funny.

{censored}e :eek:

The cable just ripped off the connector ??? WTF ?

• Members

I've been using and gigging with the same 18' Whirlwind leader for 13 years.

seriously. check them out.

they are the most durable, consistent cables I've ever encountered.

They aren't quite as bright as monster cables. great sound.

Just checked out their website and they sound like they are pretty sturdy! But I have to ask is there really that much of a noticible difference in sound between these and say the monster cables you mentioned?

• Members
Just checked out their website and they sound like they are pretty sturdy! But I have to ask is there really that much of a noticible difference in sound between these and say the monster cables you mentioned?

Yes, there is a BIG difference, especially between the guitar and buffer(or amp)

the level of brightness is very noticeable, and the whirlwind isn't very tangly. It hasn't crackled or anything in 13 years. same {censored}in' cable.

I bought it from a local store for like $11. The guy played with Bill Haley in the early 40's. He's dead now, but he knew his cables up to about 90 y/o.:thu::thu::thu::thu:

• Members

I've always found Monsters to have a harsh high end

Hmmm Interesting:thu:

That could've been a mistake in the workings.

Now where can you buy Whirlwinds from?? Also these (I assume) would be an upgrade running from my effects to my effects loop compared to my no name, run of the mill, basic crackhead stolen copper wire?!?

• Members
Yes, there is a BIG difference, especially between the guitar and buffer(or amp)

the level of brightness is very noticeable, and the whirlwind isn't very tangly. It hasn't crackled or anything in 13 years. same {censored}in' cable.

I bought it from a local store for like $11. The guy played with Bill Haley in the early 40's. He's dead now, but he knew his cables up to about 90 y/o.
:thu:

I freakin' gigged with those cables for years. As soon as I become a bedroom wanker I have the above mentioned problem. On top of that I had several more break the solder connection at the plug within a couple weeks. I'll never buy one again after relying on them for years.

• Members

I've always found Monsters to have a harsh high end

same here im using the planet waves circuit breaker cable its a must if you have active pickups that you dont waste the batteries all the time... i have two monster rock cables and they make the high end really harsh :cry:

Archived