G.A.S. or gas?

Kelly

• Members
$85 to fill up my truck the other day. I'm seriously considering trading the thing in, it's such a pig on gas.
:cry:

got rid of mine 3 weeks ago for a kia.. I picked up a car payment (I bought it used in 98, owned it for the last 5-6 years) but im technically only spending about $100 a month more with what I saved on gas :o

• Members
got rid of mine 3 weeks ago for a kia.. I picked up a car payment (I bought it used in 98, owned it for the last 5-6 years) but im technically only spending about $100 a month more with what I saved on gas
:o

nice, that's not bad at all. I would really like something nice, but I'm considering what's going to save me the most in gas. How are the Kia anyway, I didn't care for the old ones, but they seem to have improved a lot.

• Members

nice, that's not bad at all. I would really like something nice, but I'm considering what's going to save me the most in gas. How are the Kia anyway, I didn't care for the old ones, but they seem to have improved a lot.

I twas the cheapest car I could possibly get (I got the spectra5) and so far I like it... but I cant speak for reliability yet as Ive only got 2500 miles on... but Im getting about 380 miles per tank of gas (about 14 gallons) I drive fast though around 80 down the highway.. if I laid off and went 60 im sure I could get over 400 miles per tank of gas.

• Members
gas costs $1.20 per liter here..... you guys still have it better than us
:(
, I'm just gonna walk to work or bus most of the summer I think....

Wow, that's 4.54 a gallon.

It just ticks me off that we are sacrificing lives in that region, and all the OPECkers decide to cut production to drive the price up. When are we gonna see Iraqi oil production in favor of the U.S.? Probably never. Even if Iraq becomes a democracy.

Also, with the cost of living what it is, prosperous companies need to step up and put their greed aside for a while and take care of the stagnated wages in this country. Sure, I know some companies are hurting and cant do it. My company was owned by a huge holding company and now just got purchased this year by Warren Buffet. I think its time for a {censored}ing raise, man!

• Members
:eek: ....and I was bummed about my car taking $45 to fill up !! (good for 300 miles)
I have a Ford Escape...I'm glad I traded in my old Explorer to get my wife a new Toyota Matrix. that thing only takes about $35 to fill up, and it's good for about 400 miles. :thu:

• Members
conversion? get to do!?

I run a 2.0 mondeo and I genuinely have a need for a car that size, I can't do my work with anything smaller- nature of the beast really.

I saw one of those "smart cars" or whatever they are called the other day, first one I've seen in NY. Wasn't much bigger than a large motorcycle with a canopy on the top :eek:

• Members

I like to make fun of people who drive big trucks, and SUVs with these high gas prices. I drive a 2005 Mercedes C230 coupe. It cost about the same as a truck, or SUV. It has 200 supercharged horses, and I drive it hard and still get close to 10 litres/100 KMs (thats about 25MPG!!!!!!!!) In a sports car that is pretty good.

But i think it is time for the Electric car to make it big, or the Diesel engin running off of canola oil or another grown in North America renewable type of fuel.

• Members
I have 2 in my f-150.

$110 at $3.70 to actually fill them both up.

EDIT:$115.20 actually.

And it takes me 1/4 tank to get to work every day.

$9.00 and hour doesn't really cut it.

Out of curiosity, what do you actually need an F-150 for?

I had a GF that moved to america, she had this {censored} off big 4x4 for just getting to school and back :freak:

Archived