I'm being penalized because I make too much money to get a tax rebate/stimulus check

Dick Long

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When can I expect your daughter for knob polishing? My wife is too busy working.

Or I can just sit home and society crumbles. Take your pick.

Seriously. Explain why I owe any of you anything. You aren't even thankful for what I do give. I should just take a {censored}ty job and live a stress free life like you. I'll just let someone else pick up the tab.

Are you a Christian? Are you religious? Do you believe in god?

• Members

Not going to argue the rest of your post but you're wrong about this.

75k is not all that great an amount if you live in the DC area where the cost of living is {censored}ing sky high.

You live in Columbus GA - 75k might be real {censored}ing nice down there because the cost of living is really low.

I make more than that but I can't afford to buy a house out here in any kind of neighborhood that I'd want to live in. My rent in my little freaking apartment is 1505.00 a month, and that's with none of my utilities included. I pay 18k a year in {censored}ing rent, not including insurance, car payment, gas, electric, water, trash and sewer service. Regular little crackerjack box houses in so-so areas start at 450k and if you want to get into any place nice you're looking at 700k. Wanna move into the McLean area or Great Falls the houses start at 1 mil and go sky high.

My sister lives in Manhattan, her rent is in excess of 3500.00 a month again with no utilities included. She's got two kids and a husband and leads a very middle class life - no way she could get by on 75k.

And that's all I have to say about that...

YOU AND YOUR MONEY DISGUST ME!

I hope you loose all your money in the coming depression.

• Members

I hear guys talking about the big screen TV's and kick ass amps that they are going to buy with their refund check. I'm not getting a check, and I feel discriminated against.

Why should somebody who has worked hard to get a decent job be penalized twice:

1 - paying way more in taxes than you in the first place

2 - getting shafted on the rebate situation

Why should my hard earned money go to reliefers and lazy pukes to buy more toys.

I'm not being a smart ass, I'm just expressing how I feel.

Wah, wah,....

If you don't like it blame Dubya -- this "stimulus" tax refund is like give candy to a kid and then saying "go away now,...run along,..". It's simply a distraction from a much larger problem(s).

I don't qualify for it either, but I really don't care.

• Members

Europeans have a higher quality of life in many peoples' opinions despite many other things being virtually 3rd world by US standards.

o rLY?

Was reading a news story about how a lot of schools in your country's only sexual education is to teach abstinence.

Another one about that polygamous cult where the guy is going to court for marrying a 15 year old lassie and stuff.

Real advanced.

In any international standard of living/education rankings the USA comes top on none of them.

Not saying my country is any better, but you need to revise your opinion about how {censored}ing amazing America is.

• Members

I hear guys talking about the big screen TV's and kick ass amps that they are going to buy with their refund check. I'm not getting a check, and I feel discriminated against.

Why should my hard earned money go to reliefers and lazy pukes to buy more toys.

I am getting a rebate check since I didn't make enough money to not get one back. But I have to say that I agree with you man. In many cases it isn't a rebate check it is a government hand out. This is due to the fact that many people that are getting the rebate check didn't pay in any taxes to the Government at all. So why the hell should they get back a check if they didn't pay any taxes in the first place. It is communisim in it's purest form, take from the producers and redistribute to the non producers in many cases.

I am not one of these people that didn't pay any taxes though so I don't feel like it is a hand out to me. I paid plenty in Federal and state taxes, I was close to not getting it myself since I was close.

Your income bracket pays most of the taxes in this country so you should get a check as well. The people that shouldn't are the people that paid in no Federal tax at all.

• Members
"If you don't like it blame Dubya -- this "stimulus" tax refund is like give candy to a kid and then saying "go away now,...run along,..". It's simply a distraction from a much larger problem(s)."

Bingo! After running the country into the ground the lame duck is just trying to buy some love from the idiots that can't see through this.

• Members

I have no problem with tax refunds per se. But this one is just BS. First, because they're just going to borrow from the Treasury (i.e. print more money) to pass it out, meaning the dollar becomes worth less, and second, because they're giving it to people who don't pay taxes in the first place.

Cutting tax rates for ALL of us, not just the top earners, is the way to go, but don't hold your breath.

• Members

I have no problem with tax refunds per se. But this one is just BS. First, because they're just going to borrow from the Treasury (i.e. print more money) to pass it out, meaning the dollar becomes worth less, and second, because they're giving it to people who don't pay taxes in the first place.

Cutting tax rates for ALL of us, not just the top earners, is the way to go, but don't hold your breath.

I am no fan of Bush either but the tax cuts he put into effect did cut rates for all brackets. What they need to do is come up with a brand new tax system and code. Something like this maybe http://www.fairtax.org

• Members

Talk to your congressman.

There should be a cutoff, at some point.

I do agree that the 75,000 cutoff is too low, however.

There is a point when 600 bucks is a drop in the bucket.

I hear the argument. Well, I paid in, so I should get it like everyone else. Fine.

When am I going to see some benefit from corporate bailouts and oil company tax breaks, all funded with my (our) money?

• Members
Because the idea is to "stimulate" the economy by giving money to people who will in turn spend it. They know that you'll just put it in savings :poke:

Ex-mother-{censored}in-cactly!:thu:

Though, as stated, I would like to see the cutoff go up just a hair. Money ain't what it used to be...

I want to see more outrage about the Earned Income Credit. Earn 20,000, pay 2000 in taxes, get back 4000. The government is supplementing salaries!

• Members

Sorry your not getting the money. They must have thought you made too much, lucky you, I guess.

I really think this is a huge miss use of Government funds. Several better methods of stimulating the economy were possible. Here are some of my thoughts.

The money was borrowed for this program by the Federal Government which means you're going to pay it back in taxes, with interest. That's just plain wrong.

Thousands of peple are losing their jobs, incliding big companies, such as GM, Ford, ATT and many others. It would be better for the Government to use this money to create new jobs offer training or college tuition.

Many people will blow the money and in a short-time and will right be back where they are now with nothing to show for it but used junk or something they didn't really need or couldn't afford.

Those of you who choose to spend it will have a few minutes of buyers remorse to deal with later when the newness of stuff you buy wares off.

On the bright side Pawn Shops will be full of used guitars and amps in a year or two.

And I'm still not sure I won't have to pay it back next year on my taxes.

At the moment, I don't need any more guitars or other stuff, no new home appliances or a vacation, if I did I'd afford it out of my pay check or not buy it. Except for emergencys, I don't use my credit card.

Here's what I plan to do. I feel it's more important to save the money into my Wife's IRA and get a tax break on it next year. She doesn't have a retirement plan at her work, like I do at my job, so we'll save it in her IRA and get a tax break next year.

Good luck and spend wisely.

• Members

{censored} you I pay taxes asshole. Funny to because this rebate check is going right back to the government.

$600 is dick.

Not everyone is blowing it on gear. Not everyone is a lazy {censored}. I work 50+ hours and make 25k a year. The government doesn't give me {censored} (I don't really want it either).

I'm in college, I live paycheck to paycheck my options for living environments suck.

• Members

You need to revisit your financial planning if you make enough money and are STILL complaining about not getting a tax break. get over it...be grateful that you have a job in this {censored}ty country when buttloads of people are getting laid off!

"Descriminated"...haha, don't use a word you know nothing about fool.

See the post from the guy in California. Making a blanket cutoff is a mistake. It should be gauged by the economics of different states.75,000 a year in Cali and 75,000 a year in North Carolina are two different salaries

• Members

Not everyone is blowing it on gear. Not everyone is a lazy {censored}. I work 50+ hours and make 25k a year. The government doesn't give me {censored} (I don't really want it either).

I'm in college, I live paycheck to paycheck
my options for living environments suck.

And yet you still have lots of nice gear.

Quad core powermac G5 OSX 10.5

Cubase SL 3

PTLE 7.4

Melodyne uno

Reason 4

M-Audio BX8a pair

Presonus Firepod

Mbox 2

Line 6 UX2

Frontier alpha track

Cuniberti reamp v.2

2 sm57s

2 studio projects C1

1 sm58

1 e609

audix fusion drum mics

AKG D112

Ibanez MMM1 Baritone electric

6 boss pedals (3 moded)

Ibanez Tube King

Peavy 5150 and bassman 100 with Crate BV412SV (V30)

Fender 83 american J bass

Ampeg Ba-210

M-Audio Keystation 88 pro.

Maybe you should tone down the righteous indignation just a hair.

• Members

{censored} you I pay taxes asshole. Funny to because this rebate check is going right back to the government.

$600 is dick.

I'm in college, I live paycheck to paycheck my options for living environments suck.

What no food stamps? Housing or nothing? When you get your degree you'll make a better living, provided you can find a job.

Don't use the F-word makes you look bad.

Don't you think it would be better for the Government to help pay college tuitions or create jobs with this money?

I sure do.

It's a foolish consumer ploy, and what will you get when you spend this money? A bunch of Chinese made junk. China will do well from this economic stimilus package.

I don't like that.

BTW, everyone I know who works lives paycheck to paycheck, except those on welfare who live welfare check to welfare check and should be happy for what they get.

• Members

Our tax dude told my parents not to worry about it cause I get paid so little... I dunno, im not smart in these sortof things, I just do whatever they tell me.

There's nothing wrong with that. But, you do need to check things out for yourself. I believe you will get a rebate if you file.

Alternative thought. If your folks claim you as a dependent, ask them for your cut of their rebate! Unless they are treating you right, by spending the rebate on things that benefit you. Then again, I'm old and a father.

• Members

See the post from the guy in California. Making a blanket cutoff is a mistake. It should be gauged by the economics of different states.75,000 a year in Cali and 75,000 a year in North Carolina are two different salaries

This is true, but I don't see having 50 different tax schedules, I guess they go by a national average. No matter how you look at it Cal, sucks cost of living wise. Glad I don't live there anymore.

• Members
o rLY?

Was reading a news story about how a lot of schools in your country's only sexual education is to teach abstinence.

Another one about that polygamous cult where the guy is going to court for marrying a 15 year old lassie and stuff.

Real advanced.

In any international standard of living/education rankings the USA comes top on none of them.

Not saying my country is any better, but you need to revise your opinion about how {censored}ing amazing America is.

Unfortunately, this is why nothing gets changed in this country because of the "America is so f'in great" syndrome. I've even been told if you don't like it, go live in another country. Like that's really patriotic to your country? Being a patriot to me is suggesting changes and questioning your government with what they do. Some people earned the right to bitch when they served in the U.S. Armed Services putting their life on the line just so others can be so content with the current situation. I don't get it. The rich get richer and the working stiff just get poorer.. :blah::blah::blah: This country needs a good old fashion revolt.

Archived