Terminator 2: Judgement Day - Best action movie ever?

EvilMeow

• Members

I only ever saw Aliens once. I'll have to watch it again. I've seen the other 3 a few times though.

T2 is one of my favourites though. Just love it. It's got everything, even a bit of sadness when his thumb comes out of the fire in the end :cry:

• Members

uhm let's see...isn't that the one where the little kid tells Arnold "you're not allowed to kill ANYBODY!"....AND HE LISTENS?

so no...not the best action flick on that alone.

it does however have one of the best nuclear apocalypse scenes ever

• Members

The Terminator is the greatest love story of all time.

Right, I know you thinking I'm smoking crack, but hear me out.

OK - here's basically what happens in Terminator:

In the future Kyle Reese idolises John Connor - the leader of mankind's resistance against the machines. Idolises him so much that he travels back in time (with no hope of returning) to save John Connor's mother from an unstoppable killing machine. Just read that again - 'unstoppable killing machine' and take a second to mull over the meaning of each word. So, he leaves everything he knows and travels through time into a world where the police hunt him, he is naked, without any of the technology he knows, and faces an almost impossible task for which he will receive no thanks or acknowledgment from anyone. When he finds Sarah Connor she thinks he is a crazed killer/rapist and calls the cops on him. He eventually saves her from the Terminator's attack.

After escaping the Terminator, Kyle confesses the reason he volunteered for the mission is that the whole time he was in the future he was in love with Sarah from a photograph John Connor had given him! They spend the night together and (unknown to them) conceive a child. The battles with The Terminator rage on and eventually Kyle sacrifices himself so that Sarah can live. The child they conceive is John Connor - Kyle's idol in the future.

What an amazing story! This guy travels back in time on an impossible mission to save the leader of the humans and meet a woman from the past he fell in love from a photograph. They fall for each other when they meet in person and sleep together and the child turns out to be his future idol - he then sacrifices himself to save the woman from The Terminator. Add this to the fact that he is fighting against the time travel paradoxes (is it possible to kill your own grandfather) to do this task. Would it even be possible, would the world explode? Kyle Reese defied the laws of physics and the universe to save the woman he loved.

{censored} you Romeo and Juliet! This is a way better love story than anything Shakespeare came up with. This takes the love story so much further, adds more tragedy than any Greek fable and rests the fate of mankind on their commitment to each other!

So in conclusion, The Terminator is the greatest love story of all time, but if we take this to its logical conclusion

• Members

In the future Kyle Reese idolises John Connor - the leader of mankind's resistance against the machines. Idolises him so much that he travels back in time (with no hope of returning) to save John Connor's mother from an unstoppable killing machine. Just read that again - 'unstoppable killing machine' and take a second to mull over the meaning of each word. So, he leaves everything he knows and travels through time into a world where the police hunt him, he is naked, without any of the technology he knows, and faces an almost impossible task for which he will receive no thanks or acknowledgment from anyone. When he finds Sarah Connor she thinks he is a crazed killer/rapist and calls the cops on him. He eventually saves her from the Terminator's attack.

After escaping the Terminator, Kyle confesses the reason he volunteered for the mission is that the whole time he was in the future he was in love with Sarah from a photograph John Connor had given him! They spend the night together and (unknown to them) conceive a child. The battles with The Terminator rage on and eventually Kyle sacrifices himself so that Sarah can live. The child they conceive is John Connor - Kyle's idol in the future.

What an amazing story! This guy travels back in time on an impossible mission to save the leader of the humans and meet a woman from the past he fell in love from a photograph. They fall for each other when they meet in person and sleep together and the child turns out to be his future idol - he then sacrifices himself to save the woman from The Terminator. Add this to the fact that he is fighting against the time travel paradoxes (is it possible to kill your own grandfather) to do this task. Would it even be possible, would the world explode? Kyle Reese defied the laws of physics and the universe to save the woman he loved.

{censored} you Romeo and Juliet! This is a way better love story than anything Shakespeare came up with. This takes the love story so much further, adds more tragedy than any Greek fable and rests the fate of mankind on their commitment to each other!

So in conclusion, The Terminator is the greatest love story of all time, but if we take this to its logical conclusion

• Members

Archived