Terminator 2: Judgement Day - Best action movie ever?

EvilMeow

• Members

I preferred the first one action wise. The robot shooting the gun store guy and the entire police station was just great. Badass action in that one.

I always consider the first one to be more of a Sci-Fi / Action flick, and the 2nd one to be an all out action flick.

• Members

I always consider the first one to be more of a Sci-Fi / Action flick, and the 2nd one to be an all out action flick.

Of course. That's why I said Action flick. It's still sci-fi / action, but not quite as heavy in the science fiction part. But I love the dialogue, the action, and all the performances by the actors. It's Cameron at his very finest. Well, that and Aliens.

It's just so bleak. I love it.

I actually think Aliens might be better, but it's very much a war movie, compared to Alien, which was definitely sci-fi / action. I love the direction Cameron took the second in each of these series.

• Members

I'd pick "Raiders Of The Lost Ark" as the best action movie ever, with "Aliens" and "Terminator 2" close behind (of course those last two are "Sci-Fi Action", and if I count them, then I have to count the Star Wars movies, and if I do that, then at the very least "The Empire Strikes Back" would have to be #1..................Ah Hell, now I don't know what my pick is! :freak:).

• Members

the T-1000 is easily one of the scariest and most dangerous villians ever created. I mean, the only way they managed to destroy him was because they just SO happened to have a steel mill nearby!

Yeah. The T-1000 is {censored}ing terrifying. One of the best bad guys ever.

Hell, Terminators in general are just scary. They're unstoppable killing machines that have absolutely zero regard for personal safety. They just keep coming and keep coming.

Each Terminator movie amounts to what's basically a single, two-and-a-half hour long chase scene. It's a race against a giant humanoid wrecking ball.

• Members

funny - i was just thinking about this movie today because i heard "you could be mine" on the radio.

T2 was probably the most anticipated movie of my childhood - it was released while my family was on vacation one year. i threw a fit so my dad would take me to see the movie while we were on vacation... lol. it's funny to look back at stuff like that now that i'm an adult - i called my dad to remind him of the situation - we had a good laugh about it. :)

Archived