Car guys: Recommend me a loud-ish muffler for a 3.0l Mitsubishi V6

metalfanat1c

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Sounded better than your bicycle with a weedeater engine that you call a car.

STFU and get out of my thread already.

My "bicycle with a weedeater engine" is a Dodge Ram with a 5.9 liter V8 :cop:

It doesn't sound like a pile of {censored}, like little 3.0 V6 powered econo piles. :lol:

• Members

My "bicycle with a weedeater engine" is a Dodge Ram with a 5.9 liter V8
:cop:

It doesn't sound like a pile of {censored}, like little 3.0 V6 powered econo piles.
:lol:

5.9, eh? Not even a Hemi? Weak. You get (on average, my brother has a Ram 1500 with a 5.9) 8 mpg, and produce a WHOPPING 245 horsepower. You should be ashamed of driving something that inefficient. Hell, the 350 in most Camaros gets better gas mileage AND produces more power.

I will admit, though, that that engine does sound great.

• Members

5.9, eh? Not even a Hemi? Weak. You get (on average, my brother has a Ram 1500 with a 5.9) 8 mpg, and produce a WHOPPING 245 horsepower. You should be ashamed of driving something that inefficient. Hell, the 350 in most Camaros gets better gas mileage AND produces more power.

I will admit, though, that that engine does sound great.

Driving this inefficient truck makes me smile everyday when I cut off dweebs in 3.0 V6 powered econopiles. :cop:

And, it sounds great in the process.

• Members
Yeah... I LOVE grinding my starter. Eventually, I'll need a new starter AND flywheel, just because an internet reject told me that I don't need to hear my car.

Damn, so you have brokeback tendencies AND you're an idiot that can't look down at his tach to see his car is clearly on?

• Members
Driving this inefficient truck makes me smile everyday when I cut off dweebs in
3.0 V6
powered econopiles.
:cop:

And, it sounds great in the process.

Ahh, so you're one of those douchebags that likes to cut people off?

I usually try my damnedest to rear-end those types of people.

The funny thing is, the 3.0 isn't an economy engine. It's a high output engine originally designed for the 3000GT, which would rape your heavy lunker in every way possible.

I hate Mitsubishi as much as the next guy, especially Eclipses, but I happen to like the 3000GT AND the engine that's in my Dodge.

• Members
Ahh, so you're one of those douchebags that likes to cut people off?

I usually try my damnedest to rear-end those types of people.

The funny thing is, the 3.0 isn't an economy engine. It's a high output engine originally designed for the 3000GT, which would rape your heavy lunker in every way possible.

I hate Mitsubishi as much as the next guy, especially Eclipses, but I happen to like the 3000GT AND the engine that's in my Dodge.

3.0 Mitsubishi power {censored}ebox running into full size truck = truck driver lulz :lol:

I welcome dip{censored}s in underpowered econoboxes to rear end my truck. Seriously that would be some funny {censored}. :lol::lol::lol:

• Members

Im honestly not in the mood to read another thread of someone argueing with someone else over bs.... this is gonna turn into another my {censored}s better than yours or my dicks bigger than yours thread...seriously if theres one thing i cant handle its ppl that talk down on someone elses car/hobby... ive worked on lots of cars worth more than my house(ferraris,bentleys,rolls,customs,hotrods) and i wouldnt appreciate it if that person told me my car was a pos and i was an idiot for moddin it...

someone that isnt into the lifestyle of bein an enthusiast should not criticize someone who is? im sure there are more fortunate ppl out there that would say your guitars are pieces of {censored} compared to theirs but they dont open their mouths up because that wouldnt be polite... if he wants to toss a muffler on his car let him your miles away and you will never hear the kid...so whats the deal to you? ive always got yelled at that my car was too loud and i was an idiot for droppin so much money in a car to go fast. when all ill be doin is driving it round locally. did i care? no, cuz it sounded good and went fast:thu:

• Members
3.0 Mitsubishi power {censored}ebox running into full size truck = truck driver lulz

I welcome dip{censored}s in underpowered econoboxes to rear end my truck. Seriously that would be some funny {censored}.

Well, let's see. Chrome rear bumper meets steel hood... hmm... well... you wouldn't have a bumper any more, especially with my road rage problem.

I would rear end you (with you going 60) at about 95. I might total my car, but I'm going to aim for the rearmost part of the frame on your so called truck (which is really a luxury car with hauling capabilities) and I will happily total your truck FOR you.

In case you don't trying to fit your behemoth in the smallest space possible. :lol:

• Members
Well, let's see. Chrome rear bumper meets steel hood... hmm... well... you wouldn't have a bumper any more, especially with my road rage problem.

I would rear end you (with you going 60) at about 95. I might total my car, but I'm going to aim for the rearmost part of the frame on your so called truck (which is really a luxury car with hauling capabilities) and I will happily total your truck FOR you.

In case you don't trying to fit your behemoth in the smallest space possible.

LMAO!!! What, are you 16?

• Members

Im honestly not in the mood to read another thread of someone argueing with someone else over bs.... this is gonna turn into another my {censored}s better than yours or my dicks bigger than yours thread...seriously if theres one thing i cant handle its ppl that talk down on someone elses car/hobby... ive worked on lots of cars worth more than my house(ferraris,bentleys,rolls,customs,hotrods) and i wouldnt appreciate it if that person told me my car was a pos and i was an idiot for moddin it...

someone that isnt into the lifestyle of bein an enthusiast should not criticize someone who is? im sure there are more fortunate ppl out there that would say your guitars are pieces of {censored} compared to theirs but they dont open their mouths up because that wouldnt be polite... if he wants to toss a muffler on his car let him your miles away and you will never hear the kid...so whats the deal to you? ive always got yelled at that my car was too loud and i was an idiot for droppin so much money in a car to go fast. when all ill be doin is driving it round locally. did i care? no, cuz it sounded good and went fast:thu:

I agree. I'm now going to let this thread die. I'll look at Borla, and probably Flowmaster and Duramax... see what I think will sound the best on the car.

Just because it's an economy car (which it isn't...) doesn't mean it CAN'T sound good.

Y'all have a good night and continue trolling.

• Members

I agree. I'm now going to let this thread die. I'll look at Borla, and probably Flowmaster and Duramax... see what I think will sound the best on the car.

Just because it's an economy car (which it isn't...) doesn't mean it CAN'T sound good.

Y'all have a good night and continue trolling.

look into other cars /trucks watever that have your motor in it and find out if theres ppl that have a forum for them, they might have sound clips of diff mufflers, otherwise check youtube... i always found borla to sound tasteful, tight and aggressive sounding. they make most of their products out of t-304 stainless steel and come with a lifetime warranty ... if you cant find a catback you can always go for a single muffler or resonator and weld it onto the piping or redo the whole exhaust :lol:

w/e if you need any other advice pm me, I've grown weary of hcaf :wave:

• Members

If you're gonna change your exhaust for noise, might as well invest in a good catback system for increased performance. Apex'i is a good brand with high quality parts and shouldn't cost more than $500 for a catback. Do it right the first time. A universal muffler is only going to make it louder but won't increase any performance; this is what we call rice..

• Members
If you're gonna change your exhaust for noise, might as well invest in a good catback system for increased performance. Apex'i is a good brand with high quality parts and shouldn't cost more than $500 for a catback. Do it right the first time. A universal muffler is only going to make it louder but won't increase any performance; this is what we call rice..

I was going to cut out the cat completely and reroute the entire exhaust anyways.

I appreciate the advice and I'll look at their catback systems. :)

I'll also be adding a (home made) cold air intake system, and probably changing the cam and throttle body. I should be able to produce about 250-260 hp with these modifications.

Archived