Sooo...I want you to tell me what amp I should buy!

flaming turd

• Members

Right now I have a SLO, and I'm not 100% happy with it. I have had trouble getting the loop to work with my pedals, and it doesn't really have the "tone in my head" so to speak. It has no chunk, it's pretty woofy on the the palm mutes, and is a *little* fizzy. I hate fizz. And the clean SUCKS.

It is however, a fantastically awesome lead amp. My singer and I can be playing with the volume on our amps evenly matched, and when I go to a solo, it cuts right through, it's awesome.

So, I think I will buy another amp, see if I like it better, and then either sell it or the SLO, and so on.

So here is what I need in a new amp.

3 channels. I really miss having a third channel.

It needs to get pretty heavy. Not metal or anything, take a listen to the two heavier songs in my sig for an idea. that's about as heavy as it needs to get, but a little more is ok too.

I would like it to have midi. I was thinking about getting a G-System, and I would like to do the channel switching through.

I need it to have a great clean channel. I also have a Triamp MKII, and I like the clean on it.

Take a listen to my band in sig for an idea of what we play. I lobe the tones from Alter Bridge, Dark New Day, Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, etc.

Watcha got???

• Members

Right now I have a SLO, and I'm not 100% happy with it. I have had trouble getting the loop to work with my pedals, and it doesn't really have the "tone in my head" so to speak. It has no chunk, it's pretty woofy on the the palm mutes, and is a *little* fizzy. I hate fizz.

It is however, a fantastically awesome lead amp. My singer and I can be playing with the volume on our amps evenly matched, and when I go to a solo, it cuts right through, it's awesome.

So, I think I will buy another amp, see if I like it better, and then either sell it or the SLO, and so on.

It needs to get pretty heavy. Not metal or anything, take a listen to the two heavier songs in my sig for an idea. that's about as heavy as it needs to get, but a little more is ok too.

I would like it to have midi. I was thinking about getting a G-System, and I would like to do the channel switching through.

Take a listen to my band in sig for an idea of what we play. I lobe the tones from Alter Bridge, Dark New Day, Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, etc.

Watcha got???

Besides chevelle the others use a recto, chevelle uses a mark 4

• Members

:lol: cause most people think of recto's when they think of fizz... yet he said he hates fizz.

you could take a look at the vht sig:x i've never played one or even heard one in person, but the clips i've heard are :love:

• Members

No. That is not correct.

Edit: The recto part. Chevelle does use MKIVs. I'm just listing those bands to giver everyone an idea. I'm not expecting to buy an amp and get those tones that are the result of many amps and a sweet-ass studio. :D

• Members

An EQ in the loop of a Recto can do wonders for the Fizz sounds, plus you can totally use a G with it. It has external switching jacks, so you don't need midi. I think the G has 1/4 jacks for output. Correct me if I am wrong.

• Members

tremonti = recto tone

breaking benjamin = recto in there as well

Yeah, Alter bridge is Bogner Uberschall, Triple Rec, Mark IV, and Deziel Herbert.

Breaking Benjamin has used Triamps and randalls live, studio, I don't know.

So, I don't think it's very accurate to hear those bands and think "recto".

• Members

Triamp Mk II or Bogner Ecstacy.

Funny you mention those. I've been thinking of getting an XTC, and my other amp that my singer uses is a Triamp MKII. I've actually been thinking of getting another one, I love that amp. I'd rather not use two of the same amp, but I guess we could eq them differently.

• Members

An EQ in the loop of a Recto can do wonders for the Fizz sounds, plus you can totally use a G with it. It has external switching jacks, so you don't need midi. I think the G has 1/4 jacks for output. Correct me if I am wrong.

What about the SLO? I thought it had to channel switch through midi. So, with the G-system, it will switch any amp? I want to go from clean with delay and phaser, to dirty, with one click, so that was what I was wondering...

• Members

Heres my suggestion

Get a randall MTS amp load it with 3 modules and you will be good to go. If you want to change a module just pop it out and sell it and buy a new one. The xtc module was one of the best distortions I have ever tried and I have played all the amps except the diezel you listed.

• Members

Heres my suggestion

Get a randall MTS amp load it with 3 modules and you will be good to go. If you want to change a module just pop it out and sell it and buy a new one. The xtc module was one of the best distortions I have ever tried and I have played all the amps except the diezel you listed.

Lol, I've thought about that. Do those actually sound good? I've always kinda written them off as a gimmick.

• Members

Right now I have a SLO, and I'm not 100% happy with it. I have had trouble getting the loop to work with my pedals, and it doesn't really have the "tone in my head" so to speak. It has no chunk, it's pretty woofy on the the palm mutes, and is a *little* fizzy. I hate fizz. And the clean SUCKS.

I need it to have a great clean channel. I also have a Triamp MKII, and I like the clean on it.

Watcha got???

Egnater Mod100

• Members

Watcha got???

JVM410

Archived