The Coffee Coinesseur Thread

Smachimo the T

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You don't like the deserts from that place either, eh?

I don't like the place period. Sometimes I spit on the people in line at the Starbucks inside my local grocery store. I'm usually buying beer, so I drink a few outside then come back inside and pee on them while they're still waiting for a faux hawk wearin', college dropout, wannabe rockstar to make their $5 cup of burnt coffee.

• Members

I'd say I'm somewhat of a coffee snob. I have a really nice Capresso drip coffee maker and a Capresso burr grinder. My favorites are Columbian (the in-house roasted stuff from Costco is awesome), and coffees from a company called Mayorga. My favorites from them are:

Sumatra Mandheling
Kenya AA
Colombia Supremo "Bucaramanga"
Ethiopian Yirgacheffe
Winter Blend
African Blend

Also - coffee grown on Kauai by the Kauai Coffee Co is excellent. I always bring some back with me when my wife and I vacation there. And I'll order it on occasion.

That said - I love me some Dunkin Donuts coffee. Great stuff indeed.

• Members

Starbucks coffee is actually pretty good, most of the varieties they have are awesome. Ethiopian roast is pretty good I recall. And their Sumatra is nice too.

Dunkin Donuts coffee sucks, no matter where I've tried it (there's only like one every 10 blocks here in NYC (as opposed to one every other block of Starbucks).

I still prefer to have coffee at home, usually Columbian, really dark roast, very strong, black, no sugar.

Not into lattes, flavored, iced or instant coffee.

An Espresso once in a while is really nice (except that I've quit drinking for now).

• Members
I don't like the place period. Sometimes I spit on the people in line at the Starbucks inside my local grocery store. I'm usually buying beer, so I drink a few outside then come back inside and pee on them while they're still waiting for a faux hawk wearin', college dropout, wannabe rockstar to make their $5 cup of burnt coffee.

:love:

yeah, 5 dollars a cup is a bit excessive especially when you could make something better at home.

I think starbucks is popular because of celebrities and homosexuals hyping it every chance they get on tv or in movies.

• Members
:love:

yeah, 5 dollars a cup is a bit excessive especially when you could make something better at home.

I think starbucks is popular because of celebrities and homosexuals hyping it every chance they get on tv or in movies.

It's popular because sheeple are retarded.

Like I said, I buy nearly 3lbs of coffee at Kroger for $5. Using the Starbucks sheeple as a moving target urinal is just an added bonus while I'm buying beer.

• Members

Actually, I did buy Dunkins Donut coffee once to make at home and it was good - I meant to say they don't know how to prepare it at most of the DD's I've been in - it's always very weak and watery.

As for Starbucks, they can be inconsistent as well.

• Members

Actually, I did buy Dunkins Donut coffee once to make at home and it was good - I meant to say they don't know how to prepare it at most of the DD's I've been in - it's always very weak and watery.

As for Starbucks, they can be inconsistent as well.

Yeah, the coffee DD brews is terrible, I've never tried the homebrew stuff, but I plan on getting a bag later on tonight.

• Members

All I know is, that Starbucks Pikes Place they've been pushing for months tastes like a dogfart. I can't wait til their corporate moves on to another blend. I like the Ethiopian blend, personally.

• Members

All I know is, that Starbucks Pikes Place they've been pushing for months tastes like a dogfart. I can't wait til their corporate moves on to another blend. I like the Ethiopian blend, personally.

As much as I get sick of bandwagon starbucks hate, I'm {censored}ING sick of Pike's Place.

I would rather drink:

Italian

Espresso blend

Yukon

Organic Mexican

tons more before Pike's Place.

Archived