Just watched Pulp Fiction for the first time in probably 6 months or so...

JoshuaLogan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:rolleyes:

It's called a social life. You might want to try it. :poke:

haha i know man, Im just foolin around. I got work in a couple hours and Ive just been sitting here watching clips of the game cause I got nothing else to do on a Monday morning. I think Im gonna go play some guitar now

• Members

Most common theory I have heard is that the case contained Marcellus's soul. Anybody know for sure?

I don't think there is an official line about that. I read an interview in which the soul theory was brought up to tarantino, and he said that he had never heard that before and hadn't thought it up himself, but that he thought it was a pretty neat idea. I think it's supposed to be left up to the audience's interpretation.

• Members
I don't think there is an official line about that. I read an interview in which the soul theory was brought up to tarantino, and he said that he had never heard that before and hadn't thought it up himself, but that he thought it was a pretty neat idea. I think it's supposed to be left up to the audience's interpretation.

Hence part of the genius of that movie. It's best when they don't fill in the blanks for you. :thu:

• Members

I've seen it at least 25 times. Probably closer to 50. I only have one question....... What's in the friggin briefcase???

Most common theory I have heard is that the case contained Marcellus's soul. Anybody know for sure?

I remember hearing that too. It also had to do with the bandaid on the back of his neck.

I saw that movie twice in the theater and I have not seen it since. Guess I should.

• Members
I remember hearing that too. It also had to do with the bandaid on the back of his neck.

I saw that movie twice in the theater and I have not seen it since. Guess I should.

I heard the band-aid thing too. Supposedly that was where his soul was removed, or something to that effect. :confused:

• Members

So the "soul in a briefcase" theory is a bunch of hooey? Makes sense. I could never find anything in the movie to indicate it was a soul.

• Members

I'm a collossal nerd, I watch that flick every time I can. Then I walk around all day looking for spots to quote it.

I'm the foot {censored}ing master, I got my technique down and everything, I don't be ticklin', or nothin.

• Members

Saw it on VH1 last night and thought this was VERY interesting.

In no other part of the movie did they say nigger; it was edited out in EVERY scene...

EXCEPT for when Jimmy said "dead nigger storage."

They used brother or mother in every other scene. So I scratched my head and tried to understand why they allowed it in that one case.

I know a few years later a lot of people gave Quinten a lot of flack for using the word so much in his movies.

I guarantee you he would never get away with it today like he did 14 years ago.

• Members

Saw it on VH1 last night and thought this was VERY interesting.

In no other part of the movie did they say nigger; it was edited out in EVERY scene...

EXCEPT for when Jimmy said "dead nigger storage."

They used brother or mother in every other scene. So I scratched my head and tried to understand why they allowed it in that one case.

I always find it interesting to notice the words used to substitute for the edited words. In particular, the words used to sub for the word "mother{censored}er" are usually pretty funny. My favorite is Platoon, where they edited out MF'er and replaced it with "maggot farmer". Its pretty funny to watch Charlie Sheen shooting at the Viet Nam guy's feet, yelling "Dance maggot farmer!! Dance!"

• Members

I'm a collossal nerd, I watch that flick every time I can. Then I walk around all day looking for spots to quote it.

I'm the foot {censored}ing master, I got my technique down and everything, I don't be ticklin', or nothin.

Ain't no {censored}in' ballpark neither. Now look, maybe your method of massage differs from mine, but, you know, touchin' his wife's feet, and stickin' your tongue in her Holiest of Holies, ain't the same {censored}in' ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same {censored}in' sport. Look, foot massages don't mean {censored}

• Members

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. *Blam*

• Members

Jules: {censored}, nigga, what did you do to his towel?
Vincent: I was dryin' my hands.
Jules: You're supposed to wash 'em first.
Vincent: You watched me wash 'em.
Jules: I watched you get 'em wet.
Vincent: I was washing 'em. But this {censored}'s hard to get off. Maybe if I had Lava or something, I coulda done a better job.
Jules: I used the same {censored}in' soap you did and when I got finished, the towel didn't look like no god-damn Maxi-Pad.

Archived