Anyone watch Battlestar Galactica?

JBecker

• Members

I think it's going to be REALLY hard to wait until the next 10 episodes in February of 2009.

As far as exactly WHAT is going on, there's a lot of speculation online. Some people don't think that is really Earth. The 13th Colony, but not Earth.

Roger

• Members

I can't believe it's February 2009. I can't believe they're pulling an HBO with this series...

But I'm dying.

It's clearly the 13th Colony, as far as I'm concerned, but whether they're going to combine that Earth with our own is interesting. There's a lot of mythology left, the question of where everyone is, and who is that Godsdamn final Cylon...

{censored} I hate waiting.

• Members

SPOILERS!

From Battlestar wiki...

Leaked preview of ep11

Starbuck learns that the dire predictions of the Cylon Hybrid might be true, and a devastating discovery plunges the fleet into chaos and despair.

But is she a Cylon? Listen to this, also from BSW

In an Entertainment Weekly interview , Ron Moore reveals who is not the fifth Cylon. According to the article, neither William Adama, Lee Adama, Laura Roslin, Kara Thrace, Karl Agathon, nor Gaius Baltar is the fifth Cylon. However, some controversy about the related photo exists, where fans were looking for significant, hidden clues in the same vein as "The Last Supper" photo depicting Jesus and the Apostles. In reaction to this, Aaron Douglas (Galen Tyrol) discredited aspects the "Last Supper" mirroring of the image. See The Last Supper for more information.

I think the 5th Cylon is of the 13th tribe...

• Members

I reinterpreted the hybrid s Kara being the harbinger of death as referring to the Resurrection Hub and thought that was a genius twist. If what that thing about Ep 11 is true, I think they are missing an easier, smarter explanation they already gave.

• Members

I think it's going to be REALLY hard to wait until the next 10 episodes in February of 2009.

As far as exactly WHAT is going on, there's a lot of speculation online. Some people don't think that is really Earth. The 13th Colony, but not Earth.

Roger

{censored}! 2009?....you have to be kidding me :mad::cry:

• Members

I just finished Season Three on DVD. One of, if not THE, best written series on TV. Boston Legal comes pretty close, IMHO, but different genres, kinda apples and oranges.

I'd def agree on the first 3 seasons of BSG. Stellar(sorry for pun).

I think that this season kinda got bogged down in 'hurry up and wrap it' with equal parts 'we already wrote these meandering story arcs'... but still better than 90% of any other tv drama. Sort of a 'sopranos' syndrome.

• Members

But Kara's role with the resurrection hub's destruction is kinda insignificant, there were no scenes of her firing the finishing nuke or anything like that, so maybe this planet, if it's earth, getting ruined is somehow linked to Kara discovering it...I still wanna find out wtf happened in between her "crashing" and her blanking out her "blanking out" of the trip to Earth and her aquisition of the Viper except for a few details....it makes me so anxious they just left that arc hanging...

• Members

I actually think this season has been far more return to form whereas season 3 was bogged down by budget concerns forcing more character issues and episodes that did not include all the main characters.

I can see that perspective too. But there were lulls this season that had me screaming at the screen .... 'you only have x episodes left!!! who cares who Baltar is banging!!!'

That sorta thing. I had no idea there were going to be more episodes...I thought they were prepping me for a Feature Film.

• Members
I only am familiar with the old TV show back in the day...back when most of you were in pampers:poke:

I watched that too. First run. :o

I was like 8. And that show was age appro for me. Reruns of that turd are unbearable today.

• Members

I'm so pissed to have to wait until 2009. BSG is one of the few shows, and probably the only non-HBO show other than South Park, I watch religiously. That and my wife has a total girl crush on Six. Definitely makes it more enjoyable. :lol:

• Members

I can see that perspective too. But there were lulls this season that had me screaming at the screen .... 'you only have x episodes left!!! who cares who Baltar is banging!!!'

That sorta thing. I had no idea there were going to be more episodes...I thought they were prepping me for a Feature Film.

I like it all... but this season has definitely made me feel the same way the earlier seasons did whereas I felt different about season 3 while still enjoying.

• Members
I'm so pissed to have to wait until 2009. BSG is one of the few shows, and probably the only non-HBO show other than South Park, I watch religiously. That and my wife has a total girl crush on Six. Definitely makes it more enjoyable.
:lol:

LOL awesome.

• Members

I like it all... but this season has definitely made me feel the same way the earlier seasons did whereas I felt different about season 3 while still enjoying.

In the past, they've always seemed to tie those little bits you think were fluff into the main context of the story. Who knows, the last 6 or 8 or 10 episodes may make all the little crap we didn't think mattered into something really meaningful.

• Members
I only am familiar with the old TV show back in the day...back when most of you were in pampers:poke:

:)

How did "Starbuck" get a sex change? He conquered all the women in the galaxy, and that was all that was left?

Not opposed to the new series. Do the same story just call it something else. It's not "Battlestar Galactica" as the old timers know it.

Do the new story as is, call it something else....completely rip off the story line, rehash reuse recycle....the kiddies will obviously buy it.

Archived