Chimey & Glassy clean tone at once?

petejt

• Members

I feel kinda dumb :o asking this question, since I already have posted videos that feature chimey clean tones as well as other videos of glassy clean tones.

But, how would a guitarist achieve a clean tone that is both CHIMEY and GLASSY? :confused:

• Members

I feel kinda dumb
:o
asking this question, since I already have posted videos that feature chimey clean tones as well as other videos of glassy clean tones.

But, how would a guitarist achieve a clean tone that is both CHIMEY and GLASSY?
:confused:

Are you running 6V6's ? I hope it uses a tube in the Rectum spot. If so. pop a Sovtec 5AU4G in it and use some 12AX7's for the preamp. You won't beleeeeve it. If you use 6l6's ,well you'll just get more of everything. The ultimate in shimey shiney glass. If you use other power tubes, well you be screwed. :cry:

• Members

Are you running 6V6's ? I hope it uses a tube in the Rectum spot. If so. pop a Sovtec 5AU4G in it and use some 12AX7's for the preamp. You won't beleeeeve it. If you use 6l6's ,well you'll just get more of everything. The ultimate in shimey shiney glass. If you use other power tubes, well you be screwed.
:cry:

All my poweramp valves are 6L6s, preamp valves are 12AX7, and my rectifiers are diodes.

That might change though later on :idea:

• Members

All my poweramp valves are 6L6s, preamp valves are 12AX7, and my rectifiers are diodes.

That might change though later on
:idea:

It's a shame with the way amps cost today they put a funcking transistor in place of the most important tube.:confused:

• Members

It's a shame with the way amps cost today they put a funcking transistor in place of the most important tube.

The rectifier converts the AC current to Direct Current.

It doesn't alter the tone itself, but does affect the tightness/looseness of how the amp responds.

• Members

i thought chimey and glassy were the same thing? this {censored} is ridiculous.

I thought they were opposites :confused: Chimey = Bright like a Vox. Glassy is more scooped and Fender like, and goes along with smokey (however the {censored} smoke sounds :freak:)

• Members

I think glassy is supposed to mean "tubey", since tubes are made out of glassy.

Glass is transparent, clean and clear, but breaks up if you hit it hard enough
:love:

the piezo model on the pod is pretty clean and sharp, i use it in conjuction with the clean channel of my engl invader + Digitech 2120 (pod direct to pa with digitech/engl miced) I kinda get the best of both with the engl clean with the low mid fullness and the pod with the higher end sharp attack bother are pretty clean aswell, sounds pretty massive.

• Members

I thought they were opposites
Chimey = Bright like a Vox. Glassy is more scooped and Fender like, and goes along with smokey (however the {censored} smoke sounds
:freak:
)

You thought right.

This 'ere is the definition of "smokey tone"

[YOUTUBE]tT8JJXoVNRs[/YOUTUBE]

Kinda glassy too.

Archived