Slayer Album+Metallica Album

Smachimo the T

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because we all assume any Slayer album will be a strong metal album, the same cannot be said of Metallica.

No offense but Slayer has been putting out garbage lately. You want to hear real metal, buy the latest Testament album. In my opinion, Testament replaced the "Big Four" slot that Slayer previously held.

• Members

No offense but Slayer has been putting out garbage lately. You want to hear real metal, buy the latest Testament album. In my opinion, Testament replaced the "Big Four" slot that Slayer previously held.

my personal "big four":

Overkill

Vio-Lence

Exodus

???(this spot is more of a toss-up. lots of potential candidates)

• Members

The "Big Four" is pretty irrelevant these days. It only really refers to the status of the respective bands in the thrash community in the latter half of the 80s....

• Members

Yeah, they get better and better each album. They completely have control of the "Viking Metal" genre. If that still exists.

Yeha, viking metal, see: Enslaved.

but I think they've said that they weren't viking metal, just gothenburg melo-death.

Archived