Slayer Album+Metallica Album

Smachimo the T

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That works for me. Every new metal band I have heard in the last several years is crap to me personally. Some may love it but if speed riffs with no structure and cookie monster vocals is what is called metal these days then I think I prefer hard rock.

you like hard rock, so its no wonder your into newer metallica and cant figure out why everyone else cant stand the newer stuff.

• Members
you like hard rock, so its no wonder your into newer metallica and cant figure out why everyone else cant stand the newer stuff.

No, I like all of their albums and have been a fan since KEA. Didn't care for St. Anger but I don't go around whining about it. I just don't listen to St. Anger much.

I don't like what most call metal today (cookie monster vocals and speed riffs that go nowhere).

Not caring for their newer stuff is one thing. Whining and crying about it daily for 20 years is another. You either like them or not. If the bashers havn't liked anything they have did in 20 years then why talk about them EVERYDAY and follow every little thing they do on a daily basis.

I know why, cause it's the HC bandwagon.:thu:

• Members

I used to like Slayer a lot
I think they peaked with South of heaven, which had some excellent melody and lots of instrumental sections
I think in general, music has a lot less of this today, and thats why todays music is to my ears, not as good
I think the true measure of how 'nu' something is, should be the lyrics/instrumental ratio
I should do a study on this

I will bet slayers newer albums have a significantly higher % of song time devoted to sections with lyrics than did their older albums
I also suspect bands I used to like who I think are now putting out substandard releases will all fall into the category of devoting more time to lyrical sections of songs

...I may just do this study, will need to exclude any non song tracks on an album though, e.g. symphonic intros, humorous sampled interludes, general filler crap etc.

• Members
20 years have past since AJFA and the so called bashers are still talking and following everything Metallica does on a daily basis.

They will say "Metallica died after AJFA" or "Metallica died with Cliff Burton" but here we are 20 years later and they still follow and talk about them every day.
:lol:
:lol:

If a band hasn't did anything worth while in 20 years, I doubt anyone here would even be mentioning Metallica. I also doubt they would be the biggest hard rock/metal band in the world.

It's pretty obvious that most the bashers here just do it because it's the in thing to do on HC and they think it makes them cool. The bandwagon is the #1 priority on HC. Go with the wagon.

I bash Metallica whenever they are brought up

mostly what I say amounts to this : "stop bringing up metallica".

I bash cause I'm sick of hearing about them - be it praise or scorn

Archived