I'm tired of my Ford Explorer and 17 mpg!!

mparsons

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

an early 90s honda civic would get you close to 40

+a million. you can fit a 4x12 in the back seat easily with room for a head. my old bandmate had a peavey straight cab and a jcm800. it all fit in th back seat with his gear bag and his guitar in a case.

• Members

I'm not a huge fan, I really don't care for little cars or four cylinder engines, but god, the gas mileage FTMFW

If given a choice I don't think anybody would want a 4 cylinder engine. Wait until you move out and start paying your own bills. Suddenly, that lifted F-350 will not seem so cool anymore.

• Members

If given a choice I don't think anybody would want a 4 cylinder engine. Wait until you move out and start paying your own bills. Suddenly, that lifted F-350 will not seem so cool anymore.

I pay for mine own gas, insurance, taxes, maintenance costs, etc. My parent's gave me my truck, and told me if I want to use it, I pay for it. It's a 99 F-150, 2x4, with a single cab, shortbed, lariat package, and towing rearend. Oh and a 5.4 V8. It's had it's chip reprogrammed by Ford performance. It gets about 12.5 mpg consistently. Sure, the cost of having it sucks, but in my current financial situation, I can afford to drive it, so I do, because it's a fun vehicle to drive.

Just my .02 cents

• Members

I don't plan on ricing it out
:lol:
Why is it fail? If it really gets over 30mpg, has room for a half stack, and has a good reliability record, well... that's pretty win to me.

If you're over six feet tall, you can feel kinda cramped inside. If it's a two door, forget about sitting in the back. The power is ok if it has the v-tech...it can be kinda fun to drive with a five speed. they're pretty easy to work on, most things on it are pretty straightforward.

And for the love of all that is dark and brutal...do not put a rice can muffler on. that turns any car into instant fail.

• Members

you=teh failz. if the civic is so fail why is it one of the most stolen cars in most cities?

gee could it be the fact that most of them are pos cars? most have no alarm? the owners dont care to lock them up because their so cheap? or theyre teens and careless? or from the stealers standpoint so many teens own them that their parts are in high demand since fast and the oblivious? hot parts arent easily traced for hondas? i can keep going even tho its 3am here man.... just because the cars stolen doesnt mean it doesnt fail bro

If i could suggest something either a 97-03 malibu or possibly a 00+ impala both can be had for stupid cheap most of the time, generally theyre nice cars depending on the prior life and owners care ... I remember 2 of my chick friends had them the malibu got around 25-30mpg and impala 21-29 ... also a tid bit, impalas are cop cars and taxis around here so you can get an idea that theyre sumwhat efficient, have good storage 4doors and also their parts are also easily accessable.

• Members

If you're over six feet tall, you can feel kinda cramped inside. If it's a two door, forget about sitting in the back. The power is ok if it has the v-tech...it can be kinda fun to drive with a five speed. they're pretty easy to work on, most things on it are pretty straightforward.

And for the love of all that is dark and brutal...do not put a rice can muffler on. that turns any car into instant fail.

I could seriously care less about my car and how it looks. If it gets from point A to point B with my {censored}, I'm fine with it. No modding for me :D

I want the 4 door, and I'm 5'10"... so looks like I'll be getting a Civic :D

• Members

I could seriously care less about my car and how it looks. If it gets from point A to point B with my {censored}, I'm fine with it. No modding for me
:D

I want the 4 door, and I'm 5'10"... so looks like I'll be getting a Civic
:D

Good choice :thu:. We looked at a 96 civic the other day with 96k for $2200. Just to use it as a point of comparison, autos.msn.com show it having 106 hp and 103 lb-ft of torque with the base model 4 door 4 cylinder. It gets 29-33 city and 36-38 highway. I've found those statistics to be a little conservatively rated. It has decent power, as it's pretty light, and can get a little better mpg then that if you don't hot rod it, which is generally my problem.

Archived