Should I call this idiot out?

dr_love6977

• Members
Whoa whoa whoa. What're you guys? The highway robbery anti-defamation league? I'm just saying it pisses me off when people overprice stuff then use list prices to make it look like a good deal.

But now I do see that he has the $2600 price on the whole thing.

Chill out.

I just think its {censored}ing HIGH-LARRY-US that you were so worked up about a posting that you went to another website, made a thread about it, AND THEN discovered that you read it wrong. :facepalm:

• Members

I saw a guy locally selling a pair of WGS Veteran 30s for $85 for both, saying new they're $65. You know damn well he didn't pay $65 each for them since they just raised the price. Granted, I also saw a Mesa Nomad 100 go fro $1050 on Ebay and it really makes me want to try and get that for mine, seeing as though I paid a lot less for it and hardly use it. It always bugs me when I see someone else doing it, but I know I'd probably do the same thing given the opportunity. He can charge whatever he wants, shame on the buyer for not doing their research first.

When the new price goes up, the used price goes up too. Simple economics. Are you saying no one should ever sell something for more than they paid for it? Unless you have a time machine, when you're comparing values, the price something used to be should not factor.

• Members

When the new price goes up, the used price goes up too. Simple economics. Are you saying no one should ever sell something for more than they paid for it? Unless you have a time machine, when you're comparing values, the price something
used
to be should not factor.

hence why I said I'd do the same exact thing and pointed out 2 examples in my posts of where I had. Pretty much agree with you.

• Members

i actually called out a guy on craigslist but i did it nicely.
he was selling a used gibson les paul vm for like ~$900. cant remember the exact amount. and he gave the description of the regular studio.
i told him he had is info wrong and that he should lower the price. i gave him a link to the guitar so he knew i wasnt making it up.

he all, "oh my bad, im actually listing this for a friend."
he then proptly changed his ad to have the right description and a proper price.

• Members
Do you guys ever send someone an email or anything when they're charging waaaay too much on craigslist? This guy has a pedalboard and a bunch of pedals that (in most cases) he's selling at or above retail price. He puts down the list price, then what he's selling it for so it looks like a huge savings. Ie: he has a Maxon analog delay that he has as "Maxon AD900 Analog Delay List $450.00 cost $350.00" when they're $339 on musiciansfriend. I seriously want to email him and call him an asshole.

{censored} email. People usually post responses ON Craigslist. Usually by inserting RE: before their post.

Archived