teh Edwards clubz

fretless

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's Laura. She's a great LP guitar, biggest neck I ever played. I love it but things are what they are and it also seems I don't get inspired by LPs as much as bolt ons in general :( the short scale also bugs me a bit.

Bareknuckle Riff Raff, Duncan 59n, replaced the knobs and hardware and rotated the switch until it goes sideways. Surprisingly enough she's not drilled for a pickguard and it came with the pickups uncovered. I got told it was a semi custom order. Maybe. It's just a great guitar. Stunning ebony board!

DSCF0039.jpg

DSCF0039.jpg

DSCF0022.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

100_0206.jpg

100_0203.jpg

100_0206.jpg

• Members
Planning on buying an Edwards soon.
:thu:

Probably going to get the black one with gold hardware and white binding.

If I like it enough (which I'm sure I will), I'd like to eventually get another one for downtuning. Probably gonna go with Vintage White for that one.

The Edwards John Sykes LP is perfect for downtuning.
Comes stock with SD Distortions.
All the downtuned clips in my sig were recorded with mine in C#/Drop B. :thu:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members
they are the opposite of teh failz. they're made in the ESP custom shop in japan! so you know they're flawless. and they have the long neck tenon, which, i believe, only comes on the cutsom shop gibsons nowadays.

:lol:. They are decent guitars but far from Custom Shop or high end.

The Edwards line seems to be made in China these days. Do you really think you are going to get a Edwards made in the ESP Custom Shop in Japan for around $1000?:confused:

There pricetag says alot about how much money ESP actually puts into making them.

• Members
Well, someone parted with thier Edwards Page relic for me...here is some pics:

100_2038.jpg

Oh yeah, they did a Gibby headstock refin on it.

how in the...???!!!

what is it, a headstock overlay?

good god i want one so bad!!!! gibby headstock or not, these Edwards are the closest thing next to spending 3k on an instrument!

• Members
:lol:
. They are decent guitars but far from Custom Shop or high end.

The Edwards line seems to be made in China these days. Do you really think you are going to get a Edwards made in the ESP Custom Shop in Japan for around $1000?
:confused:

There pricetag says alot about how much money ESP actually puts into making them.

Actual you would be suprised, the Japanese are very picky with a lot of brands you will never see in the US, yes some are made in the ESP custom shop some are made in the ESP factory.

But they are good guitars and relative in price to ESP, Ibanez etc in japan

• 1 month later...
  • Members
i got word that these were made in china ill post the link when i find it

Hahahahahahahah! no there not, I know as I have explained many times.

I baught one in Japan last year the Label said made in Japan. This means it has to made in Japan. If it says Assembelled in Japan it has to be assembeled in Japan.

If it is made in china it has to say made in china. I checked the website it does not say anywere made in china.

I asked the shop I bought it about them being made in Japan they confirmed they are.
I might have to email ESP as well :) just to confirm this.

I wouldnt be surprised if they buy the wood from China ( most likely russia though) and the electronic could be made in china. I will have to check tonight.

Archived