teh Edwards clubz

fretless

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
elp2.JPG

E-LP-85CD. I didn't like the witch hat knobs, so I changed them to top hats. Strung it up with 11 gage Slinkys and she plays like a dream. Love the JB and '59 combo.
Next Edwards purchase is definitely going to be a P-90 Goldtop ;-)

• Members

Thanks for the kind words about us krauts. Chickwise I prefer french women. My wife is french, you know . . .
;)

I really enjoyed my time there even though I was working long hours (20+ hours some days). The people made it for me.
I want to go back for a vacation not to work.

I like frend women too, but Japanese women are my favourites. My Wife is Japanese you know ...;)

• Members
What's not real about the neck pickup that's there?

The Duncan Cool Rails that's in there just doesn't have the output of the Humbucker, so maybe he sees them as mis-matched?

Me, I think that pickup works really well, and provides as great basis for clean tones. :thu:

• Members
What's not real about the neck pickup that's there?

The fact that it's almost more like a middle position pickup than a neck position one. It's just too far over towards the bridge (because of those additional frets) for it to have that big warm neck position tone. Sure you can get some great sounds out of it, but it feels as if I'm missing a proper neck pickup (which is a big problem for me personally).

The V on the other hand, with its 22 frets, has a killer sound. Both pickups have a very warm and full sound. I'd definitely like to add a 2nd one of these to my collection (and now that I've finally got a new job... that's very likely to happen! :love: ).

I'd love to try that black one that dmtnt posted though. Get rid of those EMGs and it could be {censored}in' sweet.

One other thing about my E-CY-165CTM though... it's a very bright sounding guitar. I wouldn't mind putting a darker pickup in the bridge at least, coz even unplugged it sounds quite bright indeed. Not always a bad thing, but I think I'd rather tame that brightness a bit.

• Members
The fact that it's almost more like a middle position pickup than a neck position one. It's just too far over towards the bridge (because of those additional frets) for it to have that big warm neck position tone. Sure you can get some great sounds out of it, but it feels as if I'm missing a proper neck pickup (which is a big problem for me personally).

The V on the other hand, with its 22 frets, has a killer sound. Both pickups have a very warm and full sound. I'd definitely like to add a 2nd one of these to my collection (and now that I've finally got a new job... that's very likely to happen!
:love:
).

I'd love to try that black one that dmtnt posted though. Get rid of those EMGs and it could be {censored}in' sweet.

One other thing about my E-CY-165CTM though... it's a very bright sounding guitar. I wouldn't mind putting a darker pickup in the bridge at least, coz even unplugged it sounds quite bright indeed. Not always a bad thing, but I think I'd rather tame that brightness a bit.

Sellz me your E-CY-165CTM iffn you get sick of it!!

I'm digging the 27 frets. Love the fact you can play a high G :)

• Members

sweet gtr but I'm confused , they did a counterfeit Gibby ?

Well, kinda. Its not uncommon for people to buy the Edwards Page relic and refinish the headstock and throw a Gibson decal on it. I have seen numerous. It still has the Edwards serial#. I would never try to pass it off as a Gibson. There are plenty of dead give aways that it is not a Gibby. Its kind of on there just for fun anyway and can be taken off with little effort if need be.

• Members
Well, kinda. Its not uncommon for people to buy the Edwards Page relic and refinish the headstock and throw a Gibson decal on it. I have seen numerous. It still has the Edwards serial#. I would never try to pass it off as a Gibson. There are plenty of dead give aways that it is not a Gibby. Its kind of on there just for fun anyway and can be taken off with little effort if need be.

Thanks , didn't mean to suggest you would pass it off but I can see how someone might . I did not know people did this with Edwards , they are nice enough on their own and not cheap . I'll keep the Edwards sticker on mine ;) I want the Page too :rawk: do they do a Les Paul with a Floyd ? :cool: oh man I'm going to Ebay :evil:

Archived