ENGL FIREBALL does KSE :poke: (CLIP INSIDE!)

kinggeoff

• Members

I'm putting the Fireball up for sale, so I thought I'd do some recording while I still have it with me :)

Everyone seems to love doing the whole End of Heartache thing, so I thought I would do a Fireball take of the song.

I'm probably playing it wrong, but whatever...i think it turned out pretty decent

peeeace

http://www.netmusicians.org/index.php?section=id&value=1747

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/86-ENGL_FIREBALL_KSE_EOH.mp3

P.S. I played this half a step down with drop D, rather than going all the way down to C

• Members

man, that was sick! why are you selling the FB?

Oh it's a damn sick amp :)

I am trying to nab a CLX to go with my UL though...I think I'd like the CLX more with my VHT love going on.

I'm definitely loving what the ENGLs seem to be able to do though! This amp breathes fire

• Members

did you squash the {censored} out of the drums? I don't like it. The cymbals make me feel like im in an underground tunnel

the guitars are a little too scooped for me, but still its a good tone

It's because every backing track for this song sucks baaawwlllsss

so I just took the actual song, scooped out all the guits so I just had the low end bass and as much of the kick as I could get, with some cymbals and snare in the high end (rather than going back and retracking all of that). Just something that I could play the guitars over top. Probably why the drums dont sound quite "present" :(

tonewise, yeah it's a little scooped, and that will probably fetch some wrong looks around here hahaha but I thought it suited the song :)

• Members

very well recorded, but lacks mids

probably it's the speaker's fault (and mic's too... the regular sm57 captures more mids than the sm58)

Yeah I definitely hear ya there sir :) was hoping to be able to pull more mids out of the backing track, but it would always bring their guitar sound back into the mix. To cut all the guitars out of the original track i had to gut the mids right out of it and bring back as much low end for the bass and kick and some high end for cymbals and snare as i could:freak: it was kinda rough, but still came out better than any of the backing tracks (if you can call them that) that I found of the song on the net :p

I think it may also be because I recorded the track at less than conversation volume, I just brought it loud enough so you can't hear the strings clacking around in the background ;)

• Members

It's because every backing track for this song sucks baaawwlllsss

Not really...the one I custom made sounds pretty killer. I can send it to you if you want. PM me with your email addy if you want it. If you want to hear my clip with it, check sig.

• Members

Not really...the one I custom made sounds pretty killer. I can send it to you if you want. PM me with your email addy if you want it. If you want to hear my clip with it, check sig.

Is that with the bass too? Isn't that clip in standard tuning/drop d? How's the timing? Matched to the original, or jus kinda shot from the hip?

If I can get just the drums off of you, that would be damn sweet.

PM sent

• Members

Is that with the bass too? Isn't that clip in standard tuning/drop d? How's the timing? Matched to the original, or jus kinda shot from the hip?

If I can get just the drums off of you, that would be damn sweet.

PM sent

I can do it with or without bass in any tuning and bpm you want. Just let me know :thu:

Archived