I Pitty the Fool who Doesn't try a Cobra.

Chrisjd

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm recording my bands EP right now, using Cobra + VHT Fat Bottom for rythm guitars. We're using a sm57, audix i5 and a rode nt-2 for room tone. I'll post some clips laterz this week. Your jaws will be all over the place :thu:

• Members

I saw Monstrosity Sat. night here in Indy and one of their guitarists was playing a Cobra with a matching Cobra cab.

IMO, Standing about 6 feet from the stage, his tone sounded like ass. They played a SMALL bar, so raw amp tone was pretty easy to hear.

Conversely, one of the best raw amp tones I've heard was Unearth's during soundcheck a couple years back.

I wanna say it was Cobra through VHT cabs.

• Members

Right on, jigga. I had to sell my last one.....which sucked because of how I ended up having to sell it, but in the next week or so, everything will be made right again, since I've got Joel's Cobra coming home to daddy. I'm pumped. :thu: That explosive agression you get off of slamming a string is unmatched in any other amp I've played. Sig-Br00tz.

-Ans-

• Members
Right on, jigga. I had to sell my last one.....which sucked because of how I ended up having to sell it, but in the next week or so, everything will be made right again, since I've got Joel's Cobra coming home to daddy. I'm pumped.
:thu:
That explosive agression you get off of slamming a string is unmatched in any other amp I've played. Sig-Br00tz.

-Ans-

nice Ans, that amp seems to be your huckleberry. :thu:
Can't wait to see another vid with the Cobra and 5150 bringing the pain. :cool:

• Members

^ Oh no, it was plenty loud, I just meant that the whole "being through a PA doesn't count in rating tone" ideal didn't apply. It actually did sound better through the PA, though, when I was by the PA speakers.

• Members

mahogany + bkp's + wylde od + cobra's crunch channel (gain on 5) + frontloaded cab + greenbacks = :love::love::love::love::love:

this thing throws some serious punches from a really long distance from the stage

the huge projection and headroom makes it cut live like no other amp and it NEVER gets mushy or undefined :rawk:

unhappily, it can't achieve the awesomeness in low or medium volumes and apparently there are only few speakers that work really well with it :(

I still think of some kind of mod to do that

• Members
after owning both cobra and dragon. i say the dragon suites my tonal needs a little bit better. its a bit warmer and more musical to me. but man, do i want to get another cobra to go with it.
:love:

where the heck have you been?:poke:

• Members

Its a choice between raspberry jam and strawberry jam. You don't get anyone who likes both, there can be only one.

That's what I think of the Cobra and Engl Powerball.

I'm a strawberry jam man and Engl Powerball man. Its not that I dislike Raspberry jam / Framus Cobra, but it doesn't get my taste buds all quivery like strawberry jam... and cream... on a scone... buttered... lightly toasted... and a cuppa tea!

{censored} yea!

• Members
Its a choice between raspberry jam and strawberry jam.
You don't get anyone who likes both
, there can be only one.

That's what I think of the Cobra and Engl Powerball.

I'm a strawberry jam man and Engl Powerball man. Its not that I dislike Raspberry jam / Framus Cobra, but it doesn't get my taste buds all quivery like strawberry jam... and cream... on a scone... buttered... lightly toasted... and a cuppa tea!

{censored} yea!

Meh? I like lots of different tones/amps, but you are right, if you are looking for a certain then, there are certainly amps that can do it better than others. For example, by you saying you like the Powerball over the Cobra, I feel I'm safe to assume you strive for much more processed, compressed, saturated and scooped sound as compared to the Cobra's raw, dry, open aggression so the type of amps you'd like is much easier to understand. Different strokes. :thu:

-Ans-

Archived