Am I a hypocrite?

petejt

• Members

I know that I'm a fanatic about chorus effects, but...............

Honestly the part between 0:29-1:15mins induces me to feel like my stomach is being pierced with a corkscrew and lukewarm rank stinky rotten cheese that was eaten then vomited, is being poured into me and dissolving everything in sight :freak:

:facepalm:

[YOUTUBE]E8rGInDTL94[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I don't use chorus personally, but I don't think that's a bad sound. The one chorused tone I really hate is Metallica's old clean tone. JC120 I think. Ugh that sound is so over used in old metal.

I actually like Metallica's older clean tone, although for me it's a little bland. It did inspire me though to get a JC-120 combo amp, but I enrich it with an extra chorus pedal.

• Members

WTF was that?

some spooky mid-1980s movie about a kid that gets amnesia from seeing a ghost in a haunted abandoned house, which causes his hair to fall out. He makes some concoction out of peanut butter which cures his baldness so well it doesn't stop growing, and his paedophiliac crazy ex-art teacher kidnaps him and enslaves other kids to make magic paint brushes from his hair...... :freak:

and the weirdest thing is that the chorus effect on the cheesey song makes me feel putrid, even though it's the kind of chorus I like a lot.

• Members

See, even more confusion :confused:

One of my most favourite chorus sounds of all time, pretty much the definitive chorus, and it's used in a classic lovey-dovey mid-80s ballad.

[YOUTUBE]3C6AXnnjgqI[/YOUTUBE]

And it doesn't bug me! Yet the first video's chorus effect DOES! WTF? :facepalm::idk:

what's the difference! there must be something..

• Members

Cindy Lauper FTW.

I agree to that. :thu:

I meant to refer to the first video I posted of that Peanut Butter Solution video, that's rank even if it's chorusey.

It can't be as bad as Celine, surely?

• Members

Oh GAWD, I bloody cursed myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I shouldn't have mentioned Celine............

no wonder it sounded too cheesey even for me :o

blast! :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

teh original song->

[YOUTUBE]3e0co8xNrhg[/YOUTUBE]

Archived