Boosted JMP Clip enclosed. Listen if you have time.

riffy

• Members

I haven't a clue how it really sounds as I did it in 5 minutes honestly... Another 2 to upload...lol

I couldn't listen back on anything other than headphones as everyone in the house was waiting for me to turn the beast down... It was loud!

I really close miced this one close to the cone, I usually don't do that so I am looking for feedback on how it sound this way... Yes, it does have timing issues in it.

That is the way some first takes that you have to keep go...

Anyway.

http://cid-72cda63a61539de2.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/My%20Music/Boosted%20JMP.mp3

• Members

Sounds great Gary (as per usual)! The mix is great. How did you do the bass track? We need more Riffy clips!

Which Axe FX model did you use? I have listened to this twice and it sounds killer!! This is my favorite clip you've posted thus far!

Edit: Ooops...boosted JMP. Answered my own question!

• Members

Sounds great Gary (as per usual)! The mix is great. How did you do the bass track? We need more Riffy clips!

Which Axe FX model did you use? I have listened to this twice and it sounds killer!! This is my favorite clip you've posted thus far!

You're my Idol. lol

• Members
I haven't a clue how it really sounds as I did it in 5 minutes honestly... Another 2 to upload...lol

I couldn't listen back on anything other than headphones as everyone in the house was waiting for me to turn the beast down... It was loud!

I really close miced this one close to the cone, I usually don't do that so I am looking for feedback on how it sound this way... Yes, it does have timing issues in it.

That is the way some first takes that you have to keep go...

Anyway.

http://cid-72cda63a61539de2.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/My%20Music/Boosted%20JMP.mp3

Good Lord, I love your tone, phrasing, & style, Gary! Whoever said we need more Riffy clips, well, derned right! :cop:

I'd have to go back and pull up some of your older clips to compare, as far as commenting on the mic positioning. From a quick listen I can tell you the tones seemed pretty righteous. I heard the high end thing that got mentioned, but I agree that that's a good thing.

Was that really AxeFX modeling? Or your actual Marshall rig? If the latter, what were you boosting it with?

Chris

• Members

sounds pretty awesome. theres like this background fizz thats always present within the guitar tone though.

Thanks man... That is a bit o'presence added... That is a LOT of gain being used there...lol

• Members

Sounded very very good to my ears. Great drums and really good mix. Playing was tight and awesome as well. Very professionally done.

Thanks, you are far too kind... I honestly appreciate your kind comments!

• Members

sounds really good.

id take a little treble off of it,might be my speakers th:o

Thanks 9ball. It more than likely does have a bit-o'treble. I tend to like things a little on the bright side.

• Members

Hey Bro! How are you? I hope all is well. How did the contest you were entering go? If you didn't win, I know that the fix was in.

Thanks much for giving a listen to my crap yet again bro!

• Members

Good Lord, I love your tone, phrasing, & style, Gary! Whoever said we need more Riffy clips, well, derned right!
:cop:

I'd have to go back and pull up some of your older clips to compare, as far as commenting on the mic positioning. From a quick listen I can tell you the tones seemed pretty righteous. I heard the high end thing that got mentioned, but I agree that that's a good thing.

Was that really AxeFX modeling? Or your actual Marshall rig? If the latter, what were you boosting it with?

Chris

Chris,

Man, you are WAY TO KIND! Honestly. That high end thing is more presence than usual to help things cut a bit more with that much gain going on on all three guitar tracks.

It really is the JMP boosted with an OCD.

Archived