NGD!!!!..... and Engl Steve Morse clip

simbasa

• Members

2007 Yngwie sig Strat. Holy {censored}!!!! I love this guitar!!! Never played a scalloped before and now I am hooked like a 5 dollar 'ho on crack. :love:

Sold some old guitars and other stuff and got such a good deal on this, I had to get it.

DCP_0255-1.jpg

A short wank I just did through the Engl Steve Morse Sig. I like the tones I get.....alot. And it sounds even better through the Nitro. This guitar is freakin' sick!!!!

http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/simbasa11/?action=view&current=thiswaytoYngwie2008_08_05_17_51_48.flv

Man, the vid sounds like {censored} but believe me it sounds killer in person.

• Members

The Steve Morse definitely seems like an awesome amp. And it doesn't cost that much; cheaper than many other Engls and compared to Diezels, Bogners and VHTs it's positively cheap.

Great tone in that vid (obviously sounded better in the room but yeah). The single coils sound great. :thu:

• Members

The Steve Morse definitely seems like an awesome amp. And it doesn't cost that much; cheaper than many other Engls and compared to Diezels, Bogners and VHTs it's positively cheap.

I wouldn't exactly call the SE and two Invader models many other ENGLs. It's 2800 with the footswitch for crying out loud.

I know the market sucks, but seing as the Savages were like 1900(now 2400) just like three years ago and feeling the Morse is a comparable amp, 2800 is just not happening from me. I'm not buying any of the other amps you mentioned though either. It's not a brand thing. I just feel like the most I could let go of would be like 2200 without wretching. The most I've paid for any of my amps was 1400. I'll buy a new Nitro soon, but I can't stomach foreign amp prices, save Chinese, right now.

• Members

I wouldn't exactly call the SE and two Invader models many other ENGLs. It's 2800 with the footswitch for crying out loud.

I know the market sucks, but seing as the Savages were like 1900(now 2400) just like three years ago and feeling the Morse is a comparable amp, 2800 is just not happening from me. I'm not buying any of the other amps you mentioned though either. It's not a brand thing. I just feel like the most I could let go of would be like 2200 without wretching. The most I've paid for any of my amps was 1400. I'll buy a new Nitro soon, but I can't stomach foreign amp prices, save Chinese, right now.

I'm with you. I never buy anything new and coincidentally enough, the most I ever paid for any amp was also $1400 (Mark IV). I was just saying that compared to other amps of similar caliber/prestige/hype/whatever, it's not that much, or at least not significantly more. Like I said, less than a lot of Framus, Diezel, Bogner, VHT, et cetera.

• Members

Thanks guys.:wave:

I just got the guitar Sunday afternoon and the amp I have had since they first came out. I have been trying to sell it but no one has any interest or money, so far. It does sound really nice with the Yngwie strat, though. First tones I have gotten on the Engl that I really enjoy. My other Fender 50's players strat with vintage american pups sounds....not so good to me in the Engl. Sold it and got the Yngwie, which is a better guitar all around.

It didn't take too long to get used to the scalloped board, although chords are a little tricky since I like to dig in hard but it's easy to adjust.

The Morse was on channel 3 with low mids 1 on and high mids 2 on .....and yes, they are midi programmable. I guess I should do a short video on the functions sometime soon.

It is a cool amp but obviously some pickup- guitar combinations work much better than others and IMO, it's not really able to do the metal tones as well as the SE or some other models I have heard. It's definitely a tweakers amp - there are alot of variants to the tones.

• 5 months later...

Archived