Dimed the Rockerverb 50 over the weekend...

BornUnderBadSgn

• Members

throw the guy a bone!

seriously though.. a wound out marshall major would probably cave in yer skull..

The Major made the high gainers at the ampfest sound like toys - it wasn't so much the volume as it was the depth and size of the tone.

• Members

The Major made the high gainers at the ampfest sound like toys - it wasn't so much the volume as it was the depth and size of the tone.

I've cranked a Major... that is something that ruined most amps for me.

:cry:

Living out in the country has it's ups. I can drag an amp out on my back patio and crank it all the hell.

:love:

• Members

yeah--- there's something that cannot be {censored}ed with with the assertiveness of iron that can handle that sort of wattage..

something in hiwatts and majors that you just can't get elsewhere... must have something to do with the fact they use electric company substation transformers in those damn things..

same holds true for hifi amps--- i swear-- listen to old eicos or heath w-5s... totally magic iron.. and most likely rated for 3x the necessary output...

• Members

yeah--- there's something that cannot be {censored}ed with with the assertiveness of iron that can handle that sort of wattage..

something in hiwatts and majors that you just can't get elsewhere... must have something to do with the fact they use electric company substation transformers in those damn things..

same holds true for hifi amps--- i swear-- listen to old eicos or heath w-5s... totally magic iron.. and most likely rated for 3x the necessary output...

My uncle has an old DR103 that I've cranked more than once, and it's almost sickening how amazing it sounds.

You can literally feel your organs shifting inside of you.

:cop:

• Members

I've dimmed a marshall lead jmp once in my flat. Needless to say, the neighbours came to complain within the next 5 minutes.

It felt amazing, especially since it was only through a 2x12.

Hahahaha.

I love it when you just can't hold back any longer, and you HAVE to crank.

I'll never forget the first time I did that... it was my old JSX.

I dragged it outside at my old place (lots of neighbors) and cranked it all the way up.

I was rocking out like I was running out of fingers. ;)

Sure enough, I had half of the {censored}ing neighborhood standing at the end of my driveway confused.

:love::love::love::love:

• Members

Yeah

I was at a friends cottage so I brought it out on the back deck by the lake. It sounded amazing and I'm sure the sound carried well over the water for all the other cottage dwellers to enjoy
:lol:

I !

yeah, out doors woudll work!:thu:

• Members

I crank my amps all the time. It's a real toss up as to which one is actually louder. The Dual Rec sounds great cranked, but the VTM 60 kills cranked up. I think I'll have to go with my Ampeg V-7 though. I can feel my insides shaking when I crank that one up.

Archived