Fell in love with my Stiletto all over again...

MattACaster

• Members

I'm working on a couple entries for CoverFest over in guitar jam. This months them is the 90's. Well, one song I choose, the band typically used Marshall-ish voiced amps. I planned on using the DSL for it but realized that I left it at my band's rehearsal space. :facepalm:

So after a few seconds of cursing loudly I look in the corner of my basement and what do I see... my Stiletto! So I figured what the hell, why not?

I've never recorded with that amp but it came out very well. Ended up doing somehting like 16 tracks of guitars. Half of those tracks being layered rhythm tracks. The thing sounds massive. All the hugeness or a Rectifier but with the midrange of my DSL. I ended up mic-ing both the G12T-75s and V30s in my Marshall cab and mixed them together.

Clips to come when I'm done with the song... :thu:

• Members

I want one of these. I might pick one up after I get a Mesa 4x12 to go with my Mark IV and Recto 2x12. I'd like my collection to go something like this:

Mark IV

Mark III

Stiletto

Mesa 2x12

Mesa 4x12

That'd be a hell of a collection. I have a Mesa 4x12 and 2x12 and used to have a 5150 which I traded straight across for the Stiletto. At some point I will get another one.

I need to get a Mark IV at some point to go along with the Recto and the Stiletto.

• Members

I need to get a Mark IV at some point to go along with the Recto and the Stiletto.

Run all three at once. :love: I've done Mark IV and Recto, and Recto and Stiletto, but never Mark IV and Stiletto.

The Mark IV blends well with the Rectifier for a similar reason as the Stiletto does- the mids sit differently in a band mix. If anything, I thought there was more differentiation between the two with the Recto/Mark IV mix when both guitars are playing the same thing.

• Members

Run all three at once.
:love:
I've done Mark IV and Recto, and Recto and Stiletto, but never Mark IV and Stiletto.

The Mark IV blends well with the Rectifier for a similar reason as the Stiletto does- the mids sit differently in a band mix. If anything, I thought there was more differentiation between the two with the Recto/Mark IV mix when both guitars are playing the same thing.

I've ran the Recto with the Stiletto at a show before. The tone was god-like!

Archived