Drummer Travis Barker in critical Condition

Slaytallica

• Members

Damn :eek: It seems like he was thrown from the plane and that's the only reason he survived. That's {censored}ed up. Oh, and he is a very good drummer. You don't have to do blast beats for 12 minutes straight to be good. :facepalm:

Creativity and solid playing >>>>>> quick feet and hands.

• Members

Wow, this is a surprise. Well he was a pretty good drummer and seemed like a cool enough guy. I hope that he makes it.

If he doesn't, it'll be interesting to see how soon he ends up on everyone's "best drummer ever" list...

my thoughts exactly

best of luck truly sad a jet crash, pretty rare thing to happen

• Members

Not to mention, most of the lower skilled pilots are the ones flying for delta, etc.

The private commercial/charter pilots are the elites.

No, the ones in the air or off the plane when on the ground are the elites. The ones hitting the ground while in the plane... not so elite.

• Members
No, the ones in the air or off the plane when on the ground are the elites. The ones hitting the ground while in the plane... not so elite.

Planes malfunction, it's not always the pilot's fault. The plane should be checked very carefully, but some things you just can not plan for.

Emelianenko, the guy wasn't talking about her sex, he was showing the irony of her last name, Lemmon. A lemon is something that is a piece of {censored}, or doesn't work correctly. Used car lots are full of lemons, and you can't make lemonade out of them. :cop:

• Members
they dont normally fly private jets. they just took it so the assistant can watch the birth of his baby today. i feel sorry for the assistants wife and family

child born the same day the dad dies
:(

{censored} thats terrible, I don't wish anything like this on anyone, the birth of a child is an experience that is unexplainable, man I feel really bad for all of the people, but I can't imagine what his wife is going through. Whether I like Travis Barker or not, this is a tragedy for anyone.

• Members

{censored} thats terrible, I don't wish anything like this on anyone, the birth of a child is an experience that is unexplainable, man I feel really bad for all of the people, but I can't imagine what his wife is going through. Whether I like Travis Barker or not, this is a tragedy for anyone.

Honestly, that was my first thought. His poor kids got the divorce thing and now this. I honestly don't care much about adult human beings. I hope though for his kids he comes through fine. Even the trauma of seeing your dad, your invincibility figure, all {censored}ed up has to be hard as hell. Losing him in a situation like this, especially after a divorce and all the lovely comments that must flow, must be horrific and life shaping. Kids are fragile and all are innocent, undeserving of hardship.

• Members
I'm guessing about as many great drivers.:poke:

Did the Navy keep standards intact in order for women to fly? Uh, nope. They had to lower them, and what did we see? A plane land into the carrier. It was tragic and beatiful all at once.

You have proof of what exact standards were lowered? If not, this is garbage.

But of course, You can bench press houses, you have a purple belt in jiu jitsu (whom you still havent verified from anyone with a good record for giving out belts), and you must have a pilots license, or can fly one, so your opinion must be 100% correct.

:rolleyes:

• Members

I'm not a pilot, or an accident investigator, but from what I know, a blown tire should not keep a Learjet from taking off, especially with 8500 feet of runway. Unless some of the rubber from the blown tire shot off and severed some control cables or hit some of the control surfaces, I cant see a blown tire being the only problem here.

• Members
I'm not a pilot, or an accident investigator, but from what I know, a blown tire should not keep a Learjet from taking off, especially with 8500 feet of runway. Unless some of the rubber from the blown tire shot off and severed some control cables or hit some of the control surfaces, I cant see a blown tire being the only problem here.

Depends on how deep they were into the takeoff.

Its why we have V speeds.

V1- gotta takeoff, not enough runway to slow down
V2- Rotate
V3- Positive Rate of climb, Gear up

(my checklists for the cessna citation are a little hairy)

Anyways, The point is, theres comes a speed when there is no return. Not even an engine out can stop the pilots from putting that plane into the air. Its why theres such an emphasis on one engine flight during the multi-engine phase of training.

Chances are when that tire blew, it {censored}in BLEW. And its not to much the tire exploding thats the issue, its the pieces of rubber that get sucked into to the engines. That will shut an engine down in a hurry.

Now the landing gear is scraping the asphalt shooting sparks everywhere, which also could take the 2nd engine out.

At at rotation speeds of 130 knots (150) mph, {censored} happens fast. Thats the risk you take getting into a jet. If it was a smaller piston twin, probably wouldnt of been an issue. Might of darted across a taxiway, thats about it.

Sucks either way.:cry:

Archived