Ceriatone?!

sambora82

• Members

It's good quality stuff. The only thing is I've heard some people like to buy the kits without the transformers and buy better ones elsewhere. Not that the stock ones are really that bad, but I've heard that they could be better in the bass department. I've never ordered anything from them though...all this is from word of mouth.

• Members

It's good quality stuff. The only thing is I've heard some people like to buy the kits without the transformers and buy better ones elsewhere. Not that the stock ones are really that bad, but I've heard that they could be better in the bass department. I've never ordered anything from them though...all this is from word of mouth.

do they tell you which trannies are needed?

Along with schematics?

• Members

do they tell you which trannies are needed?

Along with schematics?

No you would have to figure that out yourself, but it's pretty easy. I mean if you are getting a JCM 800/Plexi kit for example, you could just buy a Hammond or Heyboer JCM 800/Plexi drop in transformer set and that will work. The wiring colors might be a bit different though. For someone that is new to building amps and doesn't know electronics, I would say stick with the stock transformers to make it easier.

• Members

No you would have to figure that out yourself, but it's pretty easy. I mean if you are getting a JCM 800/Plexi kit for example, you could just buy a Hammond or Heyboer JCM 800/Plexi drop in transformer set and that will work. The wiring colors might be a bit different though. For someone that is new to building amps and doesn't know electronics, I would say stick with the stock transformers to make it easier.

seems easy enough!

I see a ceriatone in my future...

Archived