Stormtroopers of Death

CorpseTumor

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It occurs to me that many years ago (i wanna say mid to late 80's) I read that it is/was actually Charlie (Benante..drummer SOD/Anthrax) that comes up with all the rhythm guitar parts for both the SOD and Anthrax material. I'm sure not ALL of it, but perhaps the majority of it. He would then share those riffage ideas with Scott who would promptly make them his own-immediately turning a good riff into pure muthr fkn NYHC speed metal WIN sauce!!!!

Anyone else have any recollection, or first hand knowledge, of this being true? Regardless of whether it is or not, Benante and Ian make a fine team.

Ed

Yeah, Charlie does come up with a majority of the riffs. Scott is the first person who will tell you that. He also plays a solo on one of the songs on Attack of the Killer B's.

SOD rules. "Seasoning the Obese" is the best parody album title evar.

• Members
Man, when the first record came out, I was llike, "this is the heaviest thing I have ever heard". It changed the way I looked at music. Simplistic, right to the point with tounge firmly planted in cheek.

+1 here to0....never looked at metal the same after that. D.R.I was another major for me (Crossover).:thu:

Unfortunate that I ddint get to see them:facepalm:

• Members

hahaha that is pure WIN! lmfao.

damn cant believe i just started hearing these guys.
:facepalm:

They {censored}in pwn.

Yeah man, you might already know, but theyve been around since 85'! Later they changed members & name to MOD (Method of Destruction) & now I guess they do stuff together again as SOD.

Always a blast!! :thu:

• Members

People always talk a lot about Hetfield being one of the best Metal rythmn guitarists of all time. Scott Ian is also one of the all time best, and probably unerated.

+1. Did you by any chance see the "Get Thrashed" documentary. Someone brought this up, saying how underrated he was and called Hetfield and Ian the 2 best rhythm players in metal. S.O.D. is proof of this!

• Members

+1. Did you by any chance see the "Get Thrashed" documentary. Someone brought this up, saying how underrated he was and called Hetfield and Ian the 2 best rhythm players in metal. S.O.D. is proof of this!

i must check that documentary out...

need to see more metal documentaries:thu:

Archived