Stormtroopers of Death

CorpseTumor

• Members

+1. Did you by any chance see the "Get Thrashed" documentary. Someone brought this up, saying how underrated he was and called Hetfield and Ian the 2 best rhythm players in metal. S.O.D. is proof of this!

Ian has a different & very interesting FEEL in his playing, completely different from Hets. Very cool, Ive always enjoyed it, but I only got into some of Anthrax's earlier stuff.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It occurs to me that many years ago (i wanna say mid to late 80's) I read that it is/was actually Charlie (Benante..drummer SOD/Anthrax) that comes up with all the rhythm guitar parts for both the SOD and Anthrax material. I'm sure not ALL of it, but perhaps the majority of it. He would then share those riffage ideas with Scott who would promptly make them his own-immediately turning a good riff into pure muthr fkn NYHC speed metal WIN sauce!!!!

Anyone else have any recollection, or first hand knowledge, of this being true? Regardless of whether it is or not, Benante and Ian make a fine team.

Yup, the drummer came up with the gtr licks.

And any "guitar player" who, upon hearing "United Forces" or "Sgt D" or "A.I.R" or "Aftershock" , is not immediately moved to strap on his guitar and wank along is dead from the neck up and at the very least-numb from shoulders to fingertips.

Of course, that's just my humble opinion.

Cheerz fellas

Ed

Yup, the drummer came up with the gtr licks from what I recall back in the day.

• 8 months later...

Archived