Stupid ass question.

nerol1st

• Members

I aquired a B-52 At 100. The owner thought the thing was fried. It's not, the tubes just might be {censored}ed and he definitely (although how he did I dunno) KILLED the reverb tank on this thing. So I traded him a PH-3 for it. :thu:

Anyhow without going into detail with my stupidity :facepalm: where does the rectifier tube go (far edge or center?). Since you can put it in the same slot as any of the 6l6 sockets.

You are my {censored}ing hero if you answer this.

• Members

I aquired a B-52 At 100. The owner thought the thing was fried. It's not, the tubes just might be {censored}ed and he definitely (although how he did I dunno) KILLED the reverb tank on this thing. So I traded him a PH-3 for it.
:thu:

Anyhow without going into detail with my stupidity
:facepalm:
where does the rectifier tube go (far edge or center?). Since you can put it in the same slot as any of the 6l6 sockets.

You are my {censored}ing hero if you answer this.

No it is not 7 x 12ax7. It's 6 12AX7's. The reverb tube should be a 12AT7 in that particular amp. The 5AR4 rectifier tube should be the one closest to the power cord on most amps, but that isn't ALWAYS the case. You are saying that there isn't one octal socket that is set slightly apart from the others? Usually it is a little.

• Members
I take it you didn't see the fact that I traded a boss pedal for this thing right? Besides this is head number 5. I have managed to buy 4 heads in the past year and a half, be them all cheapo ones
:lol:

No, I saw, but I fail to see a reason for not buying it. :confused:

• Members

I ripped out my reverb tank last year, amp still going strong, I'll list teh tubes in order....if your looking at the back of the amp from LEFT to RIGHT they are for a B-52 AT-100,
PRE-AMP
1:= VI- OD gains 1&2 ...................12AX7
2:= V2- Clean channel...................12 AX7
3:= V3- Gain stage.........................12AX7
4:= V4- Gain stage & levels 1 & 2 buffer..12AX7
5:= V10-Reverb .........................12AT7
6:= V11- Effects Loop buffer..........12AX7
7:= V5- Phase inverter.................12AX7

POWER SECTION

V6,V7,V8 & V9 ......6L6's

RECTIFIER TUBE.....V-12
last tube all the way to the right........5AR4 or GZ-34 [same tube].

• Members

The guy probably didn't do anything to the reverb tank. Those things just self destruct. Mine was like that out of the box. B-52 sent me a replacement. It lasted about a week, and literally fell apart. If I ever want reverb, I'll buy an Accutronics tank.

Archived