What's the best "out of this world" deal you've gotten on gear?

Joeytpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My best deal was my Ibanez. I'm a lefty and they made a lefthanded Jem jr. for a year or so back in the 90's. I got serious GAS for one in about 2003.

I searched everywhere for one and was pretty much crap out of luck. So I called the North American distributor for Ibanez. They did a nationwide search and found one new in the box. It had recently been located while doing a warehouse inventory in a Colorado dealer's store so it hadn't even been on display.

I never represented myself as a music store. The Colorado store having been contacted by the North American distributor assumed that I was an Ibanez dealer and sold it to me at dealer cost. That cost was $375.00 which I was more than happy to pay.

I was expecting to pay at least twice that much.

PeAcE

• Members

bought my last 5150 for $350...when they were going for about $650

got my ltd v350 as a trade for a $99 washburn i had...the ltd is worth around $300

i got my practically ltd ec400at with case for $350...that would've cost about $700 new

usa peavey wolfgang with case for $300

sennheiser md421 u5 for $160

new presonus firestudio for $300

mark III combo with evm12L and roadcase for $700

• Members
That is crazy looking. In a good way. I've never seen such an amp before. It has me curious.
:thu:

best sounding solid state amp i ever heard. sort of like a vintage jazz chous.

the reverb isn't particularly great and there's no distortion, but versatile, tube-like tones and an great tremolo.

• Members

1968 SG Standard - finish was off - $290.00 - From pawn shop in the '80's
1968 SG Special near mint $400.00 - From pawn shop in the '80's
1972 JMP 1987 plexi Head & late 60's Fender 2x12 cab $75.00 - Friend of mine pretty much gave it to me. . .
Sold the Marshall because back then I thought it only had one sound and was not clean enough :facepalm:
Now I kick myself in the ass everytime think about selling that plexi
Early 70's Vox King Wah - Traded a Floyd Rose taken out of a Kramer guitar that was givin to me - still have it :thu:
Original ProCo Rat - Free - My Brother had someone that owed him money and the guy gave him the Rat - and in turn my Brother gave it to me :-)
Early MXR Phase 90 (Block Logo 0 no LED) $35.00 - Pawn Shop
Crate V18-112 $150 shipped - I put a 100watt RMS Carvin British speaker in there I had laying around and now the amp has HEADROOM for days! In fact I can turn the gain knob up past noon just to get it to grind again! Thing will tear your head off now!

I still have my SG's and effects and will never get rid of them :thu:

Archived