WORSHIP LEADING

skempe

• Members

FYI when people say the occult they do not mean "this is the cult of the so-and-so, adorn your robe and eat your suicide pills" or nething stupid or mainstream like that. being it is like paganism, very deep rooted, polytheistic, and personal though dark in the terms of words though soully satisying. no words could describe the personal calm felt

but yeah

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know if you intended that for me, or just in general.

Just FYI, I am very familiar with the occult, many world religions, cults, etc., and know the difference between them. :) To be fair, Satanism does involve some robe-wearing rites, and it is one specific facet of the occult.

Like cults and world religions, "the occult" covers a variety of belief structures, but (at least in this country) generally is used to refer to Wicca/Paganism, by most people who don't know the difference.

Interestingly, most variations of the occult are quite similar and have very similar belief structures, rites, spells, what have you, so it's not too far off the mark to refer to them that way. It could be argued (and has been) that all world religions have some foundation in some form of the occult, and that the occult itself owes its existence to the same "earth worship" foundation that exists today as Wicca/Paganism.

"Cults" on the other hand, usually have some foundation based either on a re-interpretation of Christianity (Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormonism, etc.),

or on an individual simply set on personal gains (The Church of the Fonz :D ).

FGHolyFonz.jpg

I'm guessing by the verbiage in your post that you're not a Wiccan, but more or less a "general" occultist, and being that your location listed includes New Orleans, I'm guessing there may be a slant towards Haitian belief structures, such as Vodoo. ...As for the satisfaction and calm that can be experienced in many forms of religion, especially those that practice some form of meditation, all I can say is that the "peace that passes all understanding" has only one Source. :D

...But, yeah...

I'd be interested in hearing more about your personal belief structure, just to better understand when we interact here, but I suspect this thread isn't the place for it.

• Members
I

FGHolyFonz.jpg
QUOTE]
thats my {censored} right there

"and he cometh down to cleanith his motorcycle." :lol:

Wicca? no no no. Satanic? no no no, closer, but still no.
you mean to say you've read. you don't know,You mean to say you've READ things, or HEARD things. :cop:

lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, I'm afraid it looks like it's not going to happen at Harmony Central any time soon. I approached the administrators with Michael's ideas and they were sympathetic but seemed very concerned that such a forum would be very problematic on a secular site owned by a publicly traded corporation, that there would be a number of fairness and/or exclusion issues, and that it would present an enormous problem with policing the forum and keeping trolls at bay. As I read the reactions from a number of admins and mods, there seemed to be a deep and abiding reluctance to get into a position where they might get caught up in the middle of internecine rivalries and bickering, feuds, doctrinal discussions turning to arguments, and the general problems that roil some of the religious communities and cause such dissension inside and between those communities. At least that was my take on the reactions.

But as noted above and in another thread that seemed to focus on these issues, such a forum might very well find a more comfortable fit at an already existing religiously oriented site. Or, alternatively, those with an interest in such a forum could start their own forum using relatively easy to use web 2.0 tools such as Joomla, etc, or even some sites that have the infrastructure already set up and let members create their own forums. That might require a little more effort and self-education, but I suspect it might be best in the long run. You know what is said: Give a man a loaf and he eats today. Teach a man to fish...

• Members

There would definitely be hell in a Christian sub-forum, if you want to preach about dog then go to a Christian oriented site. If you had a Christian forum you'd have to have every other religious/spiritual forum available to equal things out, because obviously there would be alot of disputing and other garbage.

People that put their faith in dog can't even get along anways, there are too many divisions and sects that get in the way. Not to mention we don't need any more bible thumpers than we have, this is a musicians site not a house of dog.

• Members

Bitter Dawn, thanks for typifying the exact need for a faith-based forum. Your obvious hatred for all things "religious" is the very reason why people who write songs in that vein feel the need to be able to post somewhere where people like you aren't "forced" to see it.

Thanks also for demonstrating your inability to read a thread before placing in your comment. As stated in this thread, the forum would have been open to ALL faiths, not just Christianity, so your blind, childish and irrational hatred of Christians and Christianity really shouldn't equate into an immediate hatred for the idea of the forum.

At any rate; the intolerant seem to have won the day so the forums are going to miss out on some good people and some great music. Because of blind persecution by people ignorant of the truth - like yourself - I personally won't be referring any of my Christian friends here, and I won't be posting much of my own work, either.

The friendly staff here are happy to let people like you completely rile us every time anything semi-religious is posted, so as a group, they've obviously chosen sides. Only satanists and hateful people get to post their true feelings...

...So much for equal treatment and respect for all members.

• Members

Bitter Dawn, thanks for typifying the exact need for a faith-based forum. Your obvious hatred for all things "religious" is the very reason why people who write songs in that vein feel the need to be able to post somewhere where people like you aren't "forced" to see it.

Thanks also for demonstrating your inability to read a thread before placing in your comment. As stated in this thread, the forum would have been open to ALL faiths, not just Christianity, so your blind, childish and irrational hatred of Christians and Christianity really shouldn't equate into an immediate hatred for the idea of the forum.

At any rate; the intolerant seem to have won the day so the forums are going to miss out on some good people and some great music. Because of blind persecution by people ignorant of the truth - like yourself - I personally won't be referring any of my Christian friends here, and I won't be posting much of my own work, either.

The friendly staff here are happy to let people like you completely rile us every time anything semi-religious is posted, so as a group, they've obviously chosen sides. Only satanists and hateful people get to post their true feelings...

...So much for equal treatment and respect for all members.

I think your response was equally absurd as you thought Bitter Dawn's was. Aside from the reasons that Blue2Blue mentioned, this is another reason why there cannot and should not be a forum set apart specifically for Christian Worship Music; it would just become a lighting rod.

Can you imagine the inundation of "trolls" and negative posts that would come your guys' way if there was a sub forum like this? There could not be enough mods to baby sit it.

What you really need is an individual web site. Maybe you could start one! It's just not going to work here friend.

• Members

...there cannot and should not be a forum
set apart specifically for Christian Worship Music
; it would just become a lighting rod...

I am simply AMAZED at the utter and complete lack of comprehension on this forum. It has been stated repeatedly that the proposed forum would encompass ALL FAITHS. Why a site would resist a separate forum specifically posted for discussion of ALL religious music makes little sense, and why said site would WANT to retain members who would intentionally enter said forum with the intention of trolling is beyond all comprehension.

Since no one bothers to read, I'm done posting on this issue. ALL aspects of the proposed forum have been posted already and are here for anyone to read. If people are too ignorant to understand the proposal or too lazy to read the thread, that is no longer my concern.

• Members

I am simply AMAZED at the utter and complete lack of comprehension on this forum.

Michael, please consider we actually talked about this around post #65 or so

the-good-way :

..others simply may have a different understanding from yours and come to different conclusions about the propriety of the idea

Michael Blue :

Agreed.

Even the idea thatALL aspects of the proposed forum have been posted already and are here for anyone to read. is one we may not agree on (both in terms of scope "all", and if/what conclusions can be made form the coverage of certain aspects aspects)

so please remember I think it simply comes down to respect when making statemets like

[since no one bothers to read, I'm done posting on this issue....If people are too ignorant to understand the proposal or too lazy to read the thread, that is no longer my concern.

• Members

Negative statements which are true are not necessarily a lack of respect.

"Ignorant" has very negative connotations, but that should not keep people from using it in its original context, or understanding its meaning when it is used that way.

In case you're unaware; it means a "lack of knowledge" or "lack of understanding". In this case, connotations aside, it fits.

That said; Good, I've noticed your absolute joy in following me around restating previous posts I've made (usually just the one you reposted here) but I'm formally asking you to stop trolling my posts for the simple purpose of harassing me.

Thanks.

• Members

Negative statements which are true are not necessarily a lack of respect.

If they were necessarilly true, however we have a condition where there are assumptions --that people do NOT understand and that people have NOT read the contents of the thread and have applied subjective judgement to the causes of those assumed conditions (that it is due to ignorance as opposed to a different understanding of the issue and that there is laziness associated with an assumed lack of reading)

"Ignorant" has very negative connotations, but that should not keep people from using it in its original context, or understanding its meaning when it is used that way.

In case you're unaware; it means a "lack of knowledge" or "lack of understanding". In this case, connotations aside, it fits.

more precisely, it is 'destitute' lack of knowlegde or, from it's root "ignore-ant"

That said; Good, I've noticed your absolute joy in following me around

That interpretation can be of value :

'there was this famous psychoanalyst...'

restating previous posts I've made (usually just the one you reposted here)

yes, your statements are part of the conversation; statements that we can address...so when there is a point I would like to address, I point to the history of the point

In verbal conversation (which is real time) it may flow a little better than on a forum (which is not real-time), but addressing individual points is still there

just a little better integrated -- you did opine that people weren't reading, the restatement comes from that reading.

but I'm formally asking you to stop trolling my posts for the simple purpose of harassing me.

I post on issues that are important to me. Your interpretation may be that it's trolling because we have different views on the subjects at hand

not harrassing, offering my view. Interesting to note, howover, that you have mentioned a couple of times now that you will no longer post on the issue, yet continue to do so.

Archived